• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    I have been looking at IWB holsters the past few nights. I am.... leaning toward a FIST kydex holster. However, there are apparently lots of good leather IWB holsters out there. I will be carrying a Kimber Ultra II as soon as it comes in. Tell me the advantages / disadvantages of each, and what you carry.
    ARJ Defense ad

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Can't address the kydex type but carry a Kimber Ultra in a D. M. Bullard Dual Carry. Comfortable for all day carry and conceals really well. Clips are far enough apart that the weight is spread out and you forget it's there.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have a leather IWB for my Kimber (from Shorts, thank you).....I would worry (maybe unjustly) that Kydex would scratch it. I don't worry about Kydex
    with my Glocks.....

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    If you holster and carry a sidearm in either leather or some type of space age plastic long enough, it will show wear. Why worry about it. That firearm is tool to be used in an appropriate manner and it will see a few scars over the years. I look at mine on both me and the guns and remember how they got there. Enjoy the fact that you are able to have them and shoot them.
    Damn! I haven't been that philosophical in a long time. Must be the weather.

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    If you holster and carry a sidearm in either leather or some type of space age plastic long enough, it will show wear. Why worry about it. That firearm is tool to be used in an appropriate manner and it will see a few scars over the years. I look at mine on both me and the guns and remember how they got there. Enjoy the fact that you are able to have them and shoot them.
    Damn! I haven't been that philosophical in a long time. Must be the weather.

I agree.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Leather is going to be more comfortable to wear and kydex holds its shape better so it is easier to draw. The best compromise are the hybrid holsters that have leather on the side that is against your body and kydex on the outside. The Comp-Tac MTAC is another good holster in addition to the Crossbreed mentioned above.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Comp-Tac MTAC here for my 1911 and Sig P250. Combo of leather and kydex is great. JasonT hit the high points already.

Top Bottom