• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Today, I slithered out to see "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" at the Senior cheap matinee ($5.50). It was pretty good and I enjoyed it!

Jack is a bad ass former Army Major who seems to have nine + lives. Everywhere he goes, trouble follows him and hand to hand confrontations crop up constantly. There were some excellent exchanges except for one thing...............realism. You just can't hit and be hit by professionals and come out of a bloody no holds barred fight like these without an ear hanging by a thread or without numerous broken bones. Busted teeth? Not a one! A simple scrape or bruise is the total tally in life or death fights! Hollywood....my God, they must be stupid or think that we are.

The frustrating part of this flick is that the REASON for all of this fighting, with escapes from a maximum security military prison is revealed very slowly. Half the time, the viewer can't understand why all of this shxt is necessary or why professional killers are brought into the action in packs! WTH!

It's true that in the last 20 minutes or so, the answers to all of my questions were finally answered. It finally came together after approximately 1 hour 45 minutes of frustration. It was almost like the final keys to the action were added as an afterthought. "OH, yeah, we forgot to tell the audience about that"....snicker.

Language was tame, there was plenty of bloody UFC type action and no sexual content. Lots of people were shot and sent to Hollywood heaven.

The end sucked. Sorry, it was just mush. I wish that I had the last few minutes back that I sat through the end of this flick. YUK!

If you have a few hours to kill, this would be a dandy flick to see. Don't expect any life changing reactions from seeing it.

The flick was OK and I gave it a solid "B" rating. It's not a bad flick. It just isn't very good.

Flash
    Target Sports

Last edited:

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Tom Cruise is not a very convincing action hero at 5' 7". How he handles those muscular guys who are 6' 3" and weigh 240 is quite a stretch.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks! I wish that all of them could be positive. To be fair, some just don't make the grade.

OK, if I had a few hours to kill on a rainy day, this flick would be perfect.

Flash

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Tom Cruise is not a very convincing action hero at 5' 7". How he handles those muscular guys who are 6' 3" and weigh 240 is quite a stretch.

Yep. In the books they make a big deal of his height ( 6' 5" as I recall ) and how the length of his arms give him an advantage in a fight. If you haven't read the books it may not matter.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    they've always played camera tricks to hide his short height though. it was pretty obvious at the end of the movie when he was talking to Major Turner. the actress is 5-8 but they made it look like he was easily 4-6in taller than her.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yep. In the books they make a big deal of his height ( 6' 5" as I recall ) and how the length of his arms give him an advantage in a fight. If you haven't read the books it may not matter.

6'5" and 250 pounds is the description in the books.( I have read them all) if you have not read the books I guess.....

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Read them all as well. But considering that the majority of people that go to a movie have never read the book (if there is one) most people would't care. Just us purists.

BTW, new book, Night School, to be released Nov 8.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Being short is not a disadvantage in Horywood. Alan Ladd was shorter that most of his leading ladies. When walking down the street on sidwalks he was walking on "apple boxes," which are a hollywood booster box. There are full apples and half apples.

When walking in the street, his lady was actually walking in a trench.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Say what you will about a short Tom Cruise, he has proved over and over again that he has the moves. See post #5. Same for the MI movies.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Say what you will about a short Tom Cruise, he has proved over and over again that he has the moves. See post #5. Same for the MI movies.

I really didn't consider Cruise pro or con as a bad ass superstar. I went to see this flick for entertainment and to see a story played out on the screen. It was OK, but the story just wasn't well told. I'm glad that I went to see the flick but that's about all.

Flash

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If I recall, I watched it on a Netflix DVD or hell maybe it was streamed, I'm not sure it was so long ago.

I found it ho-hum.

Could be because Scientol people make me laugh and the movie was supposed to be a drama.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom