• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Does anyone know about a gun shop in Victoria that goes by the name 'James Wayne Firearms'?
    2608 NORTH LAURENT ST.

They have a few listings for some shotguns on Gunbroker, with good prices but can't find out much. Some internet reports says he has a store front, others say not. Hoping that we got a resident of that area who can fill me in.

Any background with dealing with this guy would also be appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Interesting.
    I've also seen some cool stuff on Gunbroker offered by this shop/guy/whatever.
    Hadn't bought anything from them yet, so I don't know. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what turns up.

hardcase60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Central Texas
    According to Google maps, the address comes back to "James Wayne Properties". It is a standalone building on the outer edge of what appears to be an older rundown strip shopping center.
    Facebook:
    James Wayne Properties
    Commercial Real Estate · Real Estate Agent
    2608 N Laurent St
    Victoria, TX 77901-4135
    Phone (361) 578-1258

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, finally got my answer from them this morning. If they think I will drive that far, and pay a minimum entrance fee of $50 to just look at their guns they must be smoking crack..................

Mr. Wayne is an FFL dealer however we are not a storefront. We are by appointment only. Business hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM and we see gun appointments between 10AM-4PM. Our guns are not on display to the general public so if you would like to see a certain firearm(s) just let know.
    We do charge a $25 nonrefundable fee (per person) for entering the building. Also if you want to see more than 4 firearms the fee may be slightly higher. Our company does about 98% of our gun sales on the Internet and we don't always have the staff available for walk in customers.

Let us know what you decide.

Thanks,
    Ada Adames

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    A charge for entering the building and an additional charge for showing a customer some guns? yeah they can kiss my white irish ass on that one.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Internet only sales as far as I know.
    A friend has dealt with them and had a good experience.
    They seem to be good folks.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    I think I'll be avoiding Mr. Wayne's GB listings from here out. If you don't have the people to meet 'n greet customers, that's no biggie.....this? Unacceptable.

JLANCASTER1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Saw the Browning 12 ga Cynergy I had been looking for, I live about 85 miles away. Gave them a call ,Drove up ,I paid the $25.00 entry fee that didnt bother me a bit because I got to look at the gun before I purchased it. Will Buy from them in the future if they have what I want.
    John Lancaster
    Corpus Christi,Tx

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Exactly.

Interesting first post by JLANCASTER1, digs up an old thread to be a white knight.
    LOL!! I was wondering why that thread title in my feed sounded familiar....

How could I forget!?!?

Its the gun store drown the road from where I grew up that I swore six months ago I'd never set foot in.

Now I'll make sure all my buddies that use gunbroker know about their asinine business practices as well.

dubbleA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I recently was looking for a particular CZ 455 and called Houston, Victoria, San Antonio and Austin gun shops and none had what I was looking for. I got on the net and looked a GB and GA and found they had plenty but I didn't want to order and wait.
    Much to my surprise I noticed that Wayne's in Victoria. I called and asked some questions and was informed that I had to pay a $25 fee to get in as they don't have the typical gun counter and dont want tire kickers. They certainly have a lower overhead and pass it on most sales. I found this to be true as Don's Gun shop across town wanted appx $120 more for the same rifle that was my second choice.

I wound up getting the rifle I was after at a very fair price which included the $25 entry fee.

This type of buying might not be for everyone but if you know what you want and have money in hand James Wayne will do you right.

Looking at a rifle right now that I want Wayne's is $275 cheaper that other dealers on GA. With the entry fee it's still $250 cheaper and I can walk in and pick it up with no FLL transfer or shipping cost.

dubbleA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    No sir I am not jlancaster1, just a regular "Joe Schmo" passing on my real experience.

I came across this site doing a search for James Wayne's web site and this thread is about at the top of the search. Apparently JW doesn't have one and uses the various brokerage web sites.

It's alarming that some choose to damn something without any personal dealing/experiences.

On another note, above a poster actually claims...... "The best gun shop in Victoria is academy."
    Isn't that a clothing store that pimps Dallas cowboy's attire?:cowboy:

Top Bottom