• Status
    Not open for further replies.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, here is some real facts on the 4.0 I6 that was in the TJ/LJ...

The 4.0 is one of AMC's best-known engines. It was one of four AMC engines kept in production when Chrysler bought AMC in 1987. Chrysler engineers continued to refine the engine to reduce noise, vibration, and harshness. The last in the line of the AMC inline sixes, the 4.0 is regarded as one of the best 4x4 off-road engines (Source). A Motor Trend long-term test of a 1997 Cherokee XJ noted "this long-lived OHV powerplant has a reputation for getting people where they need to go" as well as "much love expressed by owners for the torquey 4.0-liter/190-horsepower inline six." The engine is known for longevity and to go more than 300,000 miles without rebuilding.

One the other hand...

The JK runs almost all vehicle functions, other than steering, under computer software control. Engine, transmission, and to some extent braking are computer controlled, as are lights and auxiliary systems. This is a first for the Wrangler. As of mid-2007, there have been three safety recalls for software fixes.

And just this past June Jeep has to recall 220,000 2011-2012 JKs affected to fix transmission issues. A full listing of JK recalls and TSBs can be found at: Recalls and TSBs. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Lastly, for comparison's sake, my 2005 LJ has had a total of two recalls in the past eight years according to the NHTSA, one for replacement master brake cylinders and the other for another that involves not using the parking brake in models with automatic transmissions.

The 2012 model year Wrangler has already had four in a year. The 2007, the first year of production, has had eight.

So maybe you can see why I am not so easily convinced that the new JKs are "superior" to the TJs...
    Guns International

Last edited:

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    As stated previously, this is a show your Jeep thread! This is not a bash a Jeep and play tough guy keyboard commando Internet bully thread. Please TROLL elsewhere!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, way "superior!"
    jack.gif

A JK owner just posted this on his Facebook page...

1238240_10101064350100753_2117396050_n.jpg

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As stated previously, this is a show your Jeep thread! This is not a bash a Jeep and play tough guy keyboard commando Internet bully thread. Please TROLL elsewhere!

Boy, just can't accept the fact that you're wrong, can you?!?
    mecry.gif

You're the one that made the claim as to the "superiority" of the JK over previous models, and I have proven that you're full of shit.

Call me a troll all you want, but the fact is you've been called out and now you're crying like a little baby and insulting people to try and cover up your own embarrassment.

Do us all a favor and go somewhere else where people might believe your bullshit, folks on here are too smart to listen to it.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have to disagree with you OC.

Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket

up until the latest models there were count many weak parts on stock Jeeps that if that Jeep was actually wheeled you could count on numerous broken parts. As a previous owner of a shop you should know that. Here are just some of the weak areas.

D30 rear axle
    D35 rear axle
    AMC 20 rear end
    SR4 tranny
    T4 tranny
    T5 tranny
    T150 behind a V8
    T14
    multiple YJ trannys

The new JKs are a huge improvement and are by far the most solid an capable Jeeps ever. Many drivers never do actually learn what their vehicles are capable of.

Scouts Out!

Wait, I thought this was a thread to post up pics of Jeeps as you claimed?!? Sounds like you're full of shit once again, as you certainly were spouting a bunch of bullshit in this post, and not posting pics as you said this thread was for.

Once again, you're making it too easy to embarrass yourself!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom