• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Well I just blew out my right knee so decided to sell my 06 unlimited and get something I can get in and out of with issues.
    Pm me for some info if interested.

Feel free to post up some pics and we can spread the word.

you should check out a JKU. Tons more room and significantly more capable than the old LJ. The new 3.6 is worlds better than the archaic 4.0. Heck even the 3.8 is a stronger motor as evidenced by the dyno sheet posted earlier in the thread.

Best of luck with the knee and the sale of your Jeep.
    Guns International

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    On my LJ ill get some pics next week. If anyone wants some send me your email and ill get them to you on wed or thu. Here is a list of what my LJ has on it.

FOR SALE
    2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    Silver with black interior and black soft top
    Drivetrain:
    4.0L inline six cylinder motor with 76xxx miles (oil changed every 5,000 with semi synthetic oil and spark plugs changed every 30,000 miles)
    Four speed overdrive automatic transmission (Completely rebuilt at 70,000 miles by Manassas Jeep in Manassas VA with 3 year 36,000 mile Jeep backed warranty)
    Napa brand external transmission cooler installed in front of radiator
    Factory Dana 30 front and 44 rear axles with 3.73 gears and factory Trac-lock in rear, SOLID brand differential covers with Lube-Lockers installed and Royal Purple fluid change (75,000 miles)
    Factory cruise control
    K&N air filter
    Banks Monster exhaust full catback
    New Energizer 800 CCA battery installed 09/12 (SAMs Club)
    3X tooth Speedo Gear replaced when tires installed to correct the speed odometer and transfer case fluids change with Royal Purple fluid
    Lift:
    3” Lift springs (Rusty’s Offroad)
    Bilstien 5100 shocks with front poly performance bumpers
    Front adjustable control arms (Rough Country)
    Front sway bar quick disconnects (Rough Country)
    Rear adjustable sway bar links (JKS)
    Adjustable Front Track Bar (Rough Country)
    Rear Track Bar relocation bracket (Old Man Emu)
    Bumpers:
    Front Custom Bump stops (Prothane inserts mounted to spring perch, Have rears just not mounted yet)
    Custom Built Front Winch Bumper with Grill Hoop (Hell Bent Fab)
    Quadra Tech 9500# winch mounted to front bumper
    Custom Rear Bumper (Hell Bent Fab)
    Class 3 towing receiver
    Tires:
    Five Goodyear Duratrac off road tires (265X75X16) mounted on 16X8 Crager black steel wheels installed at 60,000 miles with Gorilla locking wheel nuts (no cupping or uneven wear, tires rotated ever 5,000 miles)
    Extended spare tire mount (Rough Country)
    Armor:
    Jeep Brand rocker panel rock protectors
    Oil pan skid plate (Rusty’s with custom mounts)
    Customized Steering box skid
    Interior:
    Tinted windows
    Mish Big Boy seat siders installed (ads 4” of additional leg room in front seats
    Remounted rear seat so an adult can sit in the rear in comfort
    Custom made rear deck over trunk area for carrying cargo
    CB antenna mount and wired
    The Good:
    Jeep is a one owner adult driven since new, it has seen some off-roading but has not been abused and has a clear Texas title
    Jeep runs and drives great, there are no leaks and dose not burn oil
    Gets 16-18 MPG on the Highway at 70-75 MPH and 14-15 in town
    The bad:
    The rear window of the soft top will not zip shut on the left side
    Terms:
    Asking $18,000 negotiable, cash or certified check.
    Located in the Humble Texas Area
    kittyhawk90@yahoo.com

Dave

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This isn't anywhere a JK can go that my LJ can't. Plus, I haven't had half of the problems that JK owners in our local club have been having. Starters and fuel pumps going out, and if the minivan engine was so great then why did Jeep replace it? The 4.0 I6 was in service from 1987 until 2007, the 3.8 V6 only lasted for years. That alone should tell you something...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Damn you Mike................stop encouraging me!!!:p

Trust me, get it and you'll be thanking me in the future!

I owe a really good buddy up in Colorado Springs for pointing me in the right direction when I was looking to buy a Jeep. He had a LJ and convinced me it was the model to find. Sure it is a little tougher on tight trails over a "stubby" Wrangler but I've never had an issue with it; and the advantages of the additional 10" longer wheelbase--more useable storage behind the rear seat, better handling and nearly double the towing capacity--are very apparent. They were only made for three years and are highly sought after, my LJ is worth the same now as what I paid for it back in 2007! They are really the modern-day equivalent to the CJ-8 Scrambler!

Cheers! M2

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Trust me, get it and you'll be thanking me in the future!

I owe a really good buddy up in Colorado Springs for pointing me in the right direction when I was looking to buy a Jeep. He had a LJ and convinced me it was the model to find. Sure it is a little tougher on tight trails over a "stubby" Wrangler but I've never had an issue with it; and the advantages of the additional 10" longer wheelbase--more useable storage behind the rear seat, better handling and nearly double the towing capacity--are very apparent. They were only made for three years and are highly sought after, my LJ is worth the same now as what I paid for it back in 2007! They are really the modern-day equivalent to the CJ-8 Scrambler!

Cheers! M2

I hear ya, even w/o pictures I really like it........just a bit out of my $$$$ range...........but, ya never know. Out of all the jeeps, the LJ is one of my favorites. Always liked that "P/U truck bed" look they have.

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    This isn't anywhere a JK can go that my LJ can't. Plus, I haven't had half of the problems that JK owners in our local club have been having. Starters and fuel pumps going out, and if the minivan engine was so great then why did Jeep replace it? The 4.0 I6 was in service from 1987 until 2007, the 3.8 V6 only lasted for years. That alone should tell you something...

so using your logic then, why did the LJ have even a shorter run than the 3.8 if it was so great? And the short life of the CJ8? Using your argument, they were turds.

You debate like a liberal. You are shown facts and ignore them. Either that or you are just plain being a troll. So which is it, libtards or troll.

As for the great motor that the I6 is, us 258 owners had the same feelings to the 4.0 that you have towards the current V6s. Over time it was accepted but in reality, my first engine swap where I put in a I6 in was a big mistake. I ended up pulling it out to put in a V8 which is what I should have done in the first place. That being said, it has been demonstrated in this thread with verifiable proof that the 3.8 is a stronger motor than the 4.0 yet you ignore that. Is it because you are arguing like a lib or troll?

so major madman, stop trolling and acting like a libtard.

this is a show your Jeep thread, not bash a model you don't like. Please go troll elsewhere!

if you can't restrain yourself, please feel free to come to Hidden Falls Oct 17-20 and just try to hang with a bunch of JKs. Yes, I'm calling you out. You know the saying, put up....... And troll elsewhere.

remember, show, not bash. Why don't you try acting like a true Jeeper?

Last edited:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You haven't posted proof of shit. You posted a dyno chart that showed the 4.0 performs better at lower rpm. You seem like the troll. Take you jk fanboi bullshit elsewhere if youre gonna come on here talking shit , calling people liberals.

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    You haven't posted proof of shit. You posted a dyno chart that showed the 4.0 performs better at lower rpm. You seem like the troll. Take you jk fanboi bullshit elsewhere if youre gonna come on here talking shit , calling people liberals.

Better low end? So you claim to be able to feel the difference in that 2ft/lbs? Wow, you must be really good. I bow down to you're totally awesome masterful ness!

Let me know if you need a block of instruction on how to read a dyno sheet.

again, it's a show your Jeep thread, not bash a model that out wheels yours!

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Attention TROLLS!

this is a show your Jeep thread. NOT a trash and belittle a model you don't like. Please troll elsewhere!

your input is not wanted.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Troll? Some clown shows up on here and decides he's the high-holy expert on Jeeps and is going to school everyone on how wrong they are? What a fucking joke!

Go spread your opinions elsewhere as you have yet to prove one solid fact as to your claims. I don't give a **** about what you "think," I already know you are an idiot when it comes to Jeeps, and you're futile attempts to prove you're some sort of badass are a joke.

By they way, if the CJ-8 was such a "turd" as you claim, then why are they commanding such high prices these days? Same goes for the LJ.

I am sure there is some village out there in need of an idiot, why don't you go apply as you seem overly qualified!

CJ7nvrstk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    Troll? Some clown shows up on here and decides he's the high-holy expert on Jeeps and is going to school everyone on how wrong they are? What a fucking joke!

Go spread your opinions elsewhere as you have yet to prove one solid fact as to your claims. I don't give a **** about what you "think," I already know you are an idiot when it comes to Jeeps, and you're futile attempts to prove you're some sort of badass are a joke.

By they way, if the CJ-8 was such a "turd" as you claim, then why are they commanding such high prices these days? Same goes for the LJ.

I am sure there is some village out there in need of an idiot, why don't you go apply as you seem overly qualified!

Troll alert!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All of the arguments stop NOW. This goes for EVERYONE on both sides. We all have our opinions. Feel free to voice them in a manner that isn't antagonistic, feel free to state your reasons for coming to those conclusions or whatever, but don't turn it into a pissing match. Lets all just relax a bit and take a step back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom