jimenez 9mm?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by TxKoppur, Apr 6, 2009.

1. TxKoppur

TxKoppur New Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Princeton Texas
    Hello,
    I wanted ask around and get some more insight on these guns. I buy guns all the time. Usually from individuals and I had the chance to buy a 9mm pistol very cheap. I had the feeling this guy was just trying to get rid of it fats. So much that it made me think it was hot. It wasnt, but I did some checking around on the internet and found out some ugly news on these guns. Like..... they had a problem with flying apart when shot, etc.
    I didnt buy the gun by the way Are they really that bad?
    Does anyone else have any comments, suggestions about them?

Brian

2. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They really are that bad. I would buy one for 5 bucks, then see how many +P+ rounds it would eat before it blew up.

3. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Hopefully not while you were anywhere near it...

4. tju1973

tju1973 Member

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    DOn't expect much from them. They rarely work good out of the box, and their frame (and quality-- lack of) tends to lead to a short life shooting-- usually. They can be made to be serviceable, but I have seen more than a few start to keyhole after a couple of thousand rounds (if they last that long). Their lifetime warranty leads many to believe that they are quality guns-- they are not. If you want a cheap pistol, get a Hi Point. If not, then save your money for something better-- you can get new Sigmas for under $400-- Tauruses for under $300-- and HP C9s for around $150-- all are better quality and better shooters than most JANines...I am not a gunsnob, but the main reason many own cheapo guns is that they can't afford better at the time. I was like that, but have since pooled my money and bought an XD45 ( a few years ago) and have since sold all of my "SNS-es" for a nice profit (1 Jennings J22 and 2 Jimenez JA22 for $350 total) and do not regret it. WHile they were fun, quirky plinkers, I would not entrust my life to one.

Keep looking-- IMHO.. FOr the price of a JA9, you can get a HP C(-- both are ugly, but Hi Point is actually a decent reliable shooter-- from my experience..YMMV...