• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Imagine that, a Democratic voting liberal judge voted not in favor of this law!! was or is anybody here even surprised by this decision????????????? WE ALL SAW IT COMING!! what Arizona really needs to do is COUNTERSUE!! Thats right, Sue the Federal Gvnmnt for "DERELICTION OF DUTY" and for financial damages they've incurred due to said GVNMNT for not doing there RIGHTFULLY APPOINTED JOB!!!!!!!!!! just a thought.......

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Imagine that, a Democratic voting liberal judge voted not in favor of this law!! was or is anybody here even surprised by this decision????????????? WE ALL SAW IT COMING!! what Arizona really needs to do is COUNTERSUE!! Thats right, Sue the Federal Gvnmnt for "DERELICTION OF DUTY" and for financial damages they've incurred due to said GVNMNT for not doing there RIGHTFULLY APPOINTED JOB!!!!!!!!!! just a thought.......
    I dont think there is any legal basis for that type of suit, but what about this?
    What if they just ignored the Feds and went ahead with their law? That would be interesting. The Feds dont have enough agents to arrest all of the cops in AZ. Not goiong to happen but it would be interesting.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Yeah that would be very interesting!! and Id guaranty 0-JACKA$$ would start an all out campaign to stop AZ by ANY means necessary if they chose to ignore this ruling!!but how is there no basis for my described suit?? the border is NOT PROTECTED correctly ON PURPOSE, ILLEGALS GET IN ILLEGALLY, and it costs the state $$ it wouldnt normally cost them had the border been protected properly like MOST OTHER COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    but how is there no basis for my described suit??
    Any lawyers feel free to chime in as I am not a lawyer, but a suit has to have "standing" in a court. Dereliction of duty is not something I believe that you can sue for...that charge is usually military in nature and directed at an individual, not a government as a whole. The Feds are once again flexing muscle as they have done since 1865, showing us that they can do what they want with impunity and there is nothing a state can do.
    I do love the fact that 17 other states are talking about passing similar legislation as AZ.
    Let me clarify right up front that I am not a "seccesionist" but I cant help but wonder.....Are we seeing lines being drawn, similar to the way they were in 1860?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    thanks for clarifying TC. and it sure looks as if this MORON POTUS of ours IS truely dividing the people and the very states themselves. and I for one would like to see a unified happy country, BUT if O-DIPSH-T and pals continue their horsesh-t then let the states do what they need to do to survive!! and if that includes just dropping the feds and their insane agenda/laws from their own curiculam, well then so be it and i will support the decision!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Judicial review is one of the biggest problems in this country. One judge dictating what the policy of an entire state should be ... sounds very much like the thing we sought to avoid in the creation of this country.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I don't understand why Arizona doesn't pull the same trick the feds did. Just sue them in an Arizona court and see what the ruling comes to. The feds sue in federal court - what do you expect? I believe the Constitution does give options of self protection by the states if the feds don't do the job. The biggest joke I've heard so far is that this Arizona law is hurting our relations with mexico. Who cares??? What are they doing to us??? It's only time until the citizens solve this problem themselves.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Even though Arizona's interests may be consistent with those of the federal government, it is not in the public interest for Arizona to enforce preempted laws."
    But then,

In Gonzales v. City of Peoria, 722 F2d 468, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals held that local law enforcement officers are permitted to enforce criminal provisions of the Immigration and Naturalization Act.
    So the judge is blowing smoke out her ass and should be called on her bulls**t ruling.

As for so-called "racial profiling" there's this,

In the Supreme Court decision, US v. Montoya de Hernandez, 473 U.S. 531, 538 (1985) the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that "travelers may be stopped [and searched] at ... the border without individual suspicion even if the stop [or search] is based largely on ethnicity." (citing US v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 U.S. 543, 562-563 (1976).

Critics of Arizona's law state that state and local police have no authority to detain and ask people about their immigration status. They are wrong.
    In Mueller v. Mena, 544 US 93 (2005), SCOTUS ruled unanimously that state and local law enforcement officers may indeed ask about the immigration status of detained person.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    hey Acid, im pissed as much as you are, but even with all the court decisions out there saying local cops can already pull them over, the LIBTERDS dont give a flying F-CK about the LAW and this includes this KISS-A$$ DUMOCRAT AZ JUDGE who decided against it!!!!! the 70% supporting for the law people of AZ wont forget this decision when it comes time for this IDIOT BIASED judge to be re-elected!!!!!

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I just graduated high school in the last few years so I have no concept of grammar, math, history, or our government so please excuse my ignorance. How is it that the government can tell states what laws they can/can't enforce, as long as those laws are in compliance with the state and federal constitutions?

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    dec21gal39.jpg

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I just graduated high school in the last few years so I have no concept of grammar, math, history, or our government so please excuse my ignorance. How is it that the government can tell states what laws they can/can't enforce, as long as those laws are in compliance with the state and federal constitutions?

They CAN'T, that's the beauty of this whole exercise...this is about FEDERAL takeover :)

Now, on another note...I wonder who brought the pressure down on this conservative Federal Judge to rule this way...and yall DO realize it will NEVER get to the Supreme Court, because from AZ it goes to the ULTRA-LIBERAL 9th Circuit (kangaroo) Court of Appeals...

We need a leader in place who has the guts to disband the courts that are trying to legislate from the bench...

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    hey Acid, im pissed as much as you are, but even with all the court decisions out there saying local cops can already pull them over, the LIBTERDS dont give a flying F-CK about the LAW and this includes this KISS-A$$ DUMOCRAT AZ JUDGE who decided against it!!!!! the 70% supporting for the law people of AZ wont forget this decision when it comes time for this IDIOT BIASED judge to be re-elected!!!!!

This idiot-biased judge is a Federal Judge. They are appointed, not elected.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. – Phoenix Arizona

February 13, 2009 by national
    Filed under Homeland Security News

16 Comments

924Share

Brian Ross and ABC News report what officials caution is now a dangerous and even deadly crime wave. Phoenix, Arizona has become the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City and over 370 cases last year alone. But local authorities say Washington, DC is too obsessed with al Qaeda terrorists to care about what is happening in their own backyard right now.
    “We’re in the eye of the storm,” Phoenix Police Chief Andy Anderson told ABC News of the violent crimes and ruthless tactics spurred by Mexico’s drug cartels that have expanded business across the border. “If it doesn’t stop here, if we’re not able to fix it here and get it turned around, it will go across the nation,” he said
    Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News
    so.... who pays for this ? the state or feds?

Top Bottom