Texas

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Truth about Guns blog;

Following the Hamas terrorist attacks on October 7, the powers that be in Israel reconsidered the advisability of their strict gun control laws and announced an easing of the restrictions over civilian gun ownership. It seems that 1300 dead bodies and a looming war was enough to finally convince them of the benefits of an armed populace.

Now Israel’s Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben-Gvir, has further expanded the number of people who are eligible for gun ownership.

In this way, the circle of beneficiaries is expected to grow by at least 400,000 additional beneficiaries!

A weapon in the right hands saves lives.

Attachments

• ben-gvir-768x504.jpg
      ben-gvir-768x504.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 38

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    FOX News ‘America Reports’ co-anchor John Roberts tours an Israeli gun range, with its owner explaining why people are buying weapons for protection

And from the AmmoLand blog

According to the Times of Israel, on October 10, National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir announced a plan to arm civilian security teams in towns near the country’s borders. The report explained that the Ministry of National Security, “is purchasing 10,000 rifles to arm civilian security teams, specifically those in towns close to Israel’s borders around the country, as well as mixed Jewish-Arab cities and West Bank settlements.” The ministry also intends to equip these civilian teams with bulletproof vests and helmets.

Approximately three years ago, the IDF began taking away firearms from some of these security teams due to the repeated theft of such weapons.

Hebrew news outlets reported on the problem back in 2021, and members of some of the teams have told the media in the last few days that they were essentially unarmed during Hamas’s invasion.

Members of such a team told the Calcalist newspaper on Sunday that they had engaged Hamas terrorists armed with just pistols, while the terrorists bore assault rifles, grenades and anti-tank missiles.

“The IDF took our rifles recently, they left us with just a few. We repelled a Hamas commando terror cell with just pistols,” one said.

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    FOX News ‘America Reports’ co-anchor John Roberts tours an Israeli gun range, with its owner explaining why people are buying weapons for protection

According to the Times of Israel, on October 10, National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir announced a plan to arm civilian security teams in towns near the country’s borders. The report explained that the Ministry of National Security, “is purchasing 10,000 rifles to arm civilian security teams, specifically those in towns close to Israel’s borders around the country, as well as mixed Jewish-Arab cities and West Bank settlements.” The ministry also intends to equip these civilian teams with bulletproof vests and helmets.

Approximately three years ago, the IDF began taking away firearms from some of these security teams due to the repeated theft of such weapons.

Hebrew news outlets reported on the problem back in 2021, and members of some of the teams have told the media in the last few days that they were essentially unarmed during Hamas’s invasion.

Members of such a team told the Calcalist newspaper on Sunday that they had engaged Hamas terrorists armed with just pistols, while the terrorists bore assault rifles, grenades and anti-tank missiles.

“The IDF took our rifles recently, they left us with just a few. We repelled a Hamas commando terror cell with just pistols,” one said.

Wow! Great to see a segment on national news about people arming to protect themselves and not being talked down to. Hopefully that wakes some people up here, too.

Now if only the Isreali government was serious about it and got rid of their prohibitions on gun ownership.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From Bearing Arms blog 150K+ Israelis apply for gun permit. Better than nothing but why still restrict lawful and responsible citizens from the means to protect themselves and others by having to get government permission for self-defense.

Less than a month after Hamas terrorists slaughtered 1,400 people, Israelis have applied for more gun permits than they have over the past three years combined. [Pop. of Israel 9.6 million]

In an exclusive interview with The Reload, the Chair of the Israeli Knesset’s Constitution, Law, and Justice Committee said the government has seen an unprecedented surge in demand for personal firearms. Simcha Rothman said applications for handgun permits have climbed to 150,000 as the government has, at least to some degree, opened up eligibility for civilians to own and carry pistols.

“More than 100,000. Much more than that. I would say around 150,000,” Rothman told The Reload. “So, it’s an increase. The yearly average is 40,000 or 50,000. In less than a month, it’s three times that.”

Attachments

• 7b3de35c-1a27-4346-b01c-76e27dcf8fb1-860x475.jpg
      7b3de35c-1a27-4346-b01c-76e27dcf8fb1-860x475.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 29

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    From Bearing Arms blog 150K+ Israelis apply for gun permit. Better than nothing but why still restrict lawful and responsible citizens from the means to protect themselves and others by having to get government permission for self-defense.

Less than a month after Hamas terrorists slaughtered 1,400 people, Israelis have applied for more gun permits than they have over the past three years combined. [Pop. of Israel 9.6 million]

In an exclusive interview with The Reload, the Chair of the Israeli Knesset’s Constitution, Law, and Justice Committee said the government has seen an unprecedented surge in demand for personal firearms. Simcha Rothman said applications for handgun permits have climbed to 150,000 as the government has, at least to some degree, opened up eligibility for civilians to own and carry pistols.

“More than 100,000. Much more than that. I would say around 150,000,” Rothman told The Reload. “So, it’s an increase. The yearly average is 40,000 or 50,000. In less than a month, it’s three times that.”
    One government agency is approving permits as fast as they can print them - distributing M16s using a cell phone app - while Israel's failed 'internal security' is going around collecting guns from patriots because rightists represent a 'security threat' to Israel... leftists going to leftist!

Eli

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog. No surprise Biden and company are making it more difficult for Israeli civilians to defended themselves.

Israel requested to purchase “thousands” of M-16 rifles following Hamas’ attack on unarmed Jews, the Free Beacon noted. The New York Times reported that Israel sought to acquire 24,000 “assault rifles” from the U.S.

“But the Biden administration would not approve the sale until Israel guaranteed the critical weapons would not reach civilian outposts in the West Bank, which the Biden administration and its Democratic allies view as occupied territory,” the Free Beacon report added.

Attachments

• hamas.jpg
      hamas.jpg
      78.1 KB · Views: 30

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Truth about Guns blog

In addition to the hundreds of new volunteer units, [national security minister Itamar] Ben Gvir has called on individuals to “go, arm yourself.” Shooting ranges and gun stores in Israel have seen an increase in foot traffic as private gun licensing rules were relaxed by Ben Gvir in recent weeks, Reuters reported.

BUT BUT BUT

Guy Ben-Porat, a politics professor at Israel’s Ben-Gurion University, told CNN that while he does not want to discount the fear of the wider Israeli population, who “feel that they have been neglected by the military and the government and the instinct is to demand weapons,” he believes Ben Gvir has been “exploiting the opportunity to promote what he has wanted for a long time” that is “arming Jewish civilians.”

What the country needs is a reduction in arms, he said, pointing to the issue of illegal guns fueling gang-related violence among Arab citizens of Israel.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

From the Truth about Guns blog; A Liberal Jew struggles with New World where armed self defense suddenly a sensible option

I do not know what it means to be a liberal Jew in America anymore. I don’t know what it means to be against gun violence or against people who have guns or just against having playdates at houses with people who own guns — not when those people are all around me, when those are my people.

Click the link above for more on taking a trip to the firing range before Oct 7th was something the author won't have done.

Reactions: Eli

America#1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    DFW
    Maybe the Oct. 7th attack will cause the Israeli government to rethink firearm ownership for it's citizens. They may want to consider adopting the former Swiss approach to firearm ownership model.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    From the Truth about Guns blog; A Liberal Jew struggles with New World where armed self defense suddenly a sensible option

I do not know what it means to be a liberal Jew in America anymore. I don’t know what it means to be against gun violence or against people who have guns or just against having playdates at houses with people who own guns — not when those people are all around me, when those are my people.

Click the link above for more on taking a trip to the firing range before Oct 7th was something the author won't have done.
    My late father was a secular Jew, he was politically conservative when it was unpopular to be and, being born in 1943, advocated Jews arm themselves his entire life. Orthodox Jews like myself told to be very conservative, and are commonly armed - over 2/3 of the men at a recent event I attended were armed.
    Maybe the Oct. 7th attack will cause the Israeli government to rethink firearm ownership for it's citizens. They may want to consider adopting the former Swiss approach to firearm ownership model.
    There's already a huge push-back from the left in Israel, the security agencies are literally diverting manpower from investigating terror threats to disarming patriots that are 'a threat to democracy' - leftists always do the same things!

Eli

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Eli,

In a public setting, I used to smoke cigars with an anti-gun Jew.

At one time, he rather smugly told me he would never own a gun, as if that was something to be proud of...

I responded with OK, but if your children, (he had 2) your wife and you found yourselves threatened in a deadly situation, would it be OK for me to save your lives using my gun?

He thought for a moment and responded that yes, that would be fine.

I found this perspective highly illogical, but of course, he was a leftist and boasted about his communist father and others in his family.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Eli,

In a public setting, I used to smoke cigars with an anti-gun Jew.

At one time, he rather smugly told me he would never own a gun, as if that was something to be proud of...

I responded with OK, but if your children, (he had 2) your wife and you found yourselves threatened in a deadly situation, would it be OK for me to save your lives using my gun?

He thought for a moment and responded that yes, that would be fine.

I found this perspective highly illogical, but of course, he was a leftist and boasted about his communist father and others in his family.
    There's no logic to it, it was beaten into Jewish immigrants to America prior to WWII. The JPFO has numerous articles on it, and if you've ever listened to Michael Savage talk about 'Red Diaper (Doper) Babies' he's talking about children raised in NYC - where communism is still the standard indoctrination in public schools.
    Jews that immigrated to America after WWII tend to be anti-Marxist - many survived the Soviet Union and other Marxist states - and generally tend to be more religiously observant.

Eli

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog;

The country responded quickly, though, trying to grease the skids a bit so that people who wanted gun licenses could get them. Now, it seems like they’re making headway.

Israel Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir says his ministry is now approving “up to 3,000” gun license applications a day.

From the AmmoLand blog;

Previously, Israelis had to serve two years in the Israeli Defense Forces before they could apply for a firearm permit. Now, they can apply after serving one year in the IDF or other national service. In addition, those who work or live in a “qualified dangerous area” can also apply for a firearm permit. Israeli civilians who have no firearms training can also apply, although they will have to demonstrate proficiency before they receive a permit.

Despite the loosened permitting process, armed Israelis must still comply with ammunition rules, use-of-force laws they call “open-fire procedures,” and carry restrictions that most of us would find intolerable.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    From the Bearing Arms blog. No surprise Biden and company are making it more difficult for Israeli civilians to defended themselves.

Israel requested to purchase “thousands” of M-16 rifles following Hamas’ attack on unarmed Jews, the Free Beacon noted. The New York Times reported that Israel sought to acquire 24,000 “assault rifles” from the U.S.

“But the Biden administration would not approve the sale until Israel guaranteed the critical weapons would not reach civilian outposts in the West Bank, which the Biden administration and its Democratic allies view as occupied territory,” the Free Beacon report added.
    Sadly, in recent years Israel has destroyed the thousands of G'lilon ('Galil SAR') carbines remaining in inventory - they could have been issed to these outposts where their black market value was low. Arabs steal M16s because they have a lot of them courtesy Clinton/Rabin, the Galil has Hebrew all over it and arabs hate carrying them.

Eli

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog;

“It’s always good to have lifeguards nearby, but it’s better to learn how to swim!” ~ Sam Rosenberg.
    Joe R Biden’s Administration is, even today, still refusing to sell 27000 US-manufactured M4 rifles to Israel, for emergency defense.

There are those within the JRB Administration who express concern that some of these rifles could “end up” in the hands of (Heaven forbid!) Israeli civilians, who might actually keep them in their homes for personal/home defense (a drill many Israelis sincerely wish they had practiced prior to 7 Oct 23).

The real issue here is that even governments that profess to be “enlightened” still don’t trust the very citizens who put them in power.

The concept of “armed citizens” (Jews and everyone else) is always morbidly scary to aspiring autocrats who contemptuously look down upon the rest of us and see nothing more than a motley assortment of fools, bigots, clowns, and buffoons, their words!

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at AmmoLand blog;

Joe R Biden’s Administration is, even today, still refusing to sell 27000 US-manufactured M4 rifles to Israel, for emergency defense.

There are those within the JRB Administration who express concern that some of these rifles could “end up” in the hands of (Heaven forbid!) Israeli civilians, who might actually keep them in their homes for personal/home defense (a drill many Israelis sincerely wish they had practiced prior to 7 Oct 23).

The real issue here is that even governments that profess to be “enlightened” still don’t trust the very citizens who put them in power.

The concept of “armed citizens” (Jews and everyone else) is always morbidly scary to aspiring autocrats who contemptuously look down upon the rest of us and see nothing more than a motley assortment of fools, bigots, clowns, and buffoons, their words!

Read more at Truth about Guns blog;

YNetNews.com reports on Biden’s continued delays, even after 100-plus days since the savage attacks by Hamas.

U.S. delays sale of guns to prevent use by settlers
    Biden administration already sanctioning violent West Bank settlers and preventing their entry to U.S. fears providing guns ordered for community security teams would free up arms for Ben-Gvir to deliver to settlements

Top Bottom