• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Could be a good tool if used for it's intended purpose.

Sadly it will most likely be used by nosey nellies and antis.

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I hate stuff like this. Yes, I used the words hate.

Glockster, can you explain a little more why you said it is a good tool? I don't agree with that but perhaps I haven't thought of an angle you have. I believe this is an app to tattle-tell on people doing stuff one doesn't like. I think it is marketed for "safety" but it is intended as a public gun owner registry. One could reply to that and say "But look at all the gun forums and gun owners who go online and participate in forums, wear firearm manf clothing/items. Aren't they already declaring in public they have guns?" My reply would be those things are voluntarily done by the owners, not a third party tattle-telling.

Being a bully on the playground, being the rejected kid and not playing well with others seems to be a common theme in politics these days. I think that comes directly from the top. Someone was never let a turn on the merry go round. Or got made fun of so he'd take his ball and go home and then think of ways everyone would be sorry one day.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I hate stuff like this. Yes, I used the words hate.

Glockster, can you explain a little more why you said it is a good tool? I don't agree with that but perhaps I haven't thought of an angle you have. I believe this is an app to tattle-tell on people doing stuff one doesn't like. I think it is marketed for "safety" but it is intended as a public gun owner registry. One could reply to that and say "But look at all the gun forums and gun owners who go online and participate in forums, wear firearm manf clothing/items. Aren't they already declaring in public they have guns?" My reply would be those things are voluntarily done by the owners, not a third party tattle-telling.

Being a bully on the playground, being the rejected kid and not playing well with others seems to be a common theme in politics these days. I think that comes directly from the top. Someone was never let a turn on the merry go round. Or got made fun of so he'd take his ball and go home and then think of ways everyone would be sorry one day.
    good point!! Also just another back door way to implement the big o plan. We are manning a wall.
    Cant go over, go around, cant do that, go under, cant do that, pull it down one brick at a time.
    This makes it even more easy to snitch.
    With out fear

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Well I wonder how long till the developer takes the app down himself. Surely he will realize that his app is only going to cause him trouble.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My question is (seeing as how I can't ask it on the Gun Geo Maker site - comments disabled: F.A.Q. | Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners) WHO decides if someone is "potentially unsafe?" Is this determination made by a qualified mental health individual? Hell no. It's done by the Tom, Dick and Harry who have the app.

Q: How can I tell if a marked site is a serious concern?

A: All site markings are the responsibility of users whose anonymity is protected by this software. There is no way for anyone to check the veracity of marked sites beyond living in and understanding your own neighborhood, and using your experience there to determine if a mark makes sense or not. For example, if somebody has marked a site as under the category “Possible prohibited persons” with the message “They are n!&&**s. And guns r bad dood.” (edited to remove racial epithet, a real mark!), then you should be able to deploy basic common sense to determine that this is probably a fake mark by an angry anti-gun-safety type. (Not to mention, a probable racist…) But if the category is “Guns and unsupervised children” and the message is “My child’s friend talked about his Dad’s unlocked handgun”, then you might draw an entirely different conclusion about the site. Please see the gun marking guide for more useful tips!

So they'll go by hearsay and NOT actual evidence.....brilliant, just f##king brilliant. This is what you could call a "bonus" situation........We bend over and they bone us.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I must disagree. It's intended purpose is specifically designed to ostracize gun owners. This is bad all the way around.
    Still waking up when I read link. I thought purpose was to report "potentially dangerous" owners.
    I'll re-read it.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still waking up when I read link. I thought purpose was to report "potentially dangerous" owners.
    I'll re-read it.

Just remember....this is an app that anyone with an Android can download and use. Potential/hypothetical situation:

One of your neighbors is extremely anti-gun (or they're just afraid of them because no one has educated them on guns and gun safety). They see you coming out of your house, you on your way to the range, carrying guns. They panic and put your address in the app because you have guns out in the open...so you MUST be "potentially unsafe."

Extreme case, maybe, but I have no doubts it will happen. OR, what about just your common variety anti-gunner? He hates all guns and anyone who owns them. He knows his neighbor owns guns so he sticks his neighbor in the app.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    My question is (seeing as how I can't ask it on the Gun Geo Maker site - comments disabled: F.A.Q. | Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners) WHO decides if someone is "potentially unsafe?" Is this determination made by a qualified mental health individual? Hell no. It's done by the Tom, Dick and Harry who have the app.

So they'll go by hearsay and NOT actual evidence.....brilliant, just f##king brilliant. This is what you could call a "bonus" situation........We bend over and they bone us.

I know people that honestly believe that just the mere fact of owning a firearm is "potentially dangerous" !!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    AFG: I covered that in post 2 :)

ETA: same for you shorts :)

Folks I'm NOT an anti or a plant. With reservations, you can come to me casa and see I actually have gear :cool:

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    good point!! Also just another back door way to implement the big o plan. We are manning a wall.
    Cant go over, go around, cant do that, go under, cant do that, pull it down one brick at a time.
    This makes it even more easy to snitch.
    With out fear
    Sure wish you replied 1st so I could +1 that :)

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    And let me guess...IF one of us were to end up on this stupid app, we would have no recourse, right? No legal recourse I mean. I really wish people would mind their own friggin business.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well..one thing for sure......anti-gun folks wouldn't be pulling all the BS if gun owners weren't peaceful law abiding citizens........

The fact that we are....speaks volumes.......in a good way.....imho...

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Just opens the door for someone else to write an app to track Jews and homosexuals.

Liberal fuckwit needs to ask himself if that Pandora's box is worth opening.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Eeeeeek can they do that!! Not yet but soon if we keep goin this way!!

Why wouldn't someone be able to do that ? Hire the Chinese to reverse engineer the gun owner tracker, use the exact same code with a couple changed variable names and different UI. Rename it to Gaydar or JudenJager version 8.8. Make up some total horsecrap reason for the app: so gays can hook up easier or to make it easier to find Jews so you can ask them questions about circumcision.

If they allow the other app to be sold then they must legally allow the Gaydar, since it's technically the same app.

Surely nothing bad could possibly come from abuse of this stupid app right ?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom