Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not sure this guy will be at all fazed by attempts to troll the app, publish his info, etc. From his UC bio:

...he instigated an investigation of his activities by the Department of Defense and the FBI after he spammed a large number of unpublished email addresses at Nellis Air Force Base

Note that this is in his bio because it is apparently viewed as one of his good accomplishments in life, ranking right up there with degrees earned and other stuff you find in an academic bio.

I conclude two things -

• He must expect and be prepared for the backlash.
    • Since he has previously demonstrated in another context that he's willing to misuse online resources to hurt others, he's fair game.
    IOW, feel free to take a run at him and his app but don't expect him to care; he has no standing to complain.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Copied from the Nevada Shooters board....
    "The gun rights community has been busy making personal threats (we remain unconcerned), as well as spamming the Gun Geo Marker database with false markers," he exclusively told FoxNews.com. "Though these fake markers are not useful for identifying dangerous guns and owners, they are certainly representative of the highly paranoid reaction we have come to expect from any attempt to improve gun safety in the United States.

"This kind of reaction -- automatically lining up on the wrong side of reasonable measures to improve the safe use and ownership of guns -- aids and abets the crisis of child shooting deaths," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/07/...#ixzz2Yk52o7c2

Threats, paranoid reaction from gun owners, reasonable measures? I guess the fact that he is violating our constitutional rights don't mean a thing! I mean if you're lining up on the WRONG SIDE and all!

People are going to get hurt because of this. First, who determines an "unsafe" firearm owner? The person who does the tagging and the person who gets tagged almost certainly know each other. I would think the person getting tagged would be a little upset and almost know who did it.

How long do you think it would be before the creator of this app and Goggle, gets sued because of privacy violations, constitutional violations, somebody gets killed with a gun stolen from a tagged place, or a homeowner or family gets killed because of a home invasion directly related to this app.

And finally, who does Stalbaum think he is? Obviously, he thinks he is above the law! So much so, that he has chosen to violate everyone's constitutional rights. He has acted as police, judge and jury and put many innocents at risk.

Personally, I think everyone should band together and sue the crap out of this guy and Goggle (deep pockets) just because. Let him put his money where his mouth is.

Last edited:

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Could be a good tool if used for it's intended purpose. Sadly it will most likely be used by nosey nellies and antis.

It's not a good thing, there are no good intentions here. It is so blatantly meant to make law abiding pro 2A citizens become ostracized by the LOONY LIBTARD LEFT. They cry "ITS FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE CHILDREN" (Don't make me GAG).

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Wow!!. I see this ending badly for a lot of people. Somebody's goin to get hurt, possibly a lot of somebodies. Just another intrusion of privacy. There must be something that can be done, all I know is, if my address somehow shows up on any map or app and I didn't put it there or give permission there will be issues. My house is even blurred on Google maps. :p Well most of it anyway.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Aaaaand the guy who made it is backing away, claiming he did it to document the "small group of radical gun owners". He also claims to be a gun owner himself, which I frankly think is a load of BS.

Maker of Gun Owner Tracking App Now Claims it Was “A Honeypotâ€, a Fake and a Social Experiment

"How the feedback solicited so far will be used by Stalbaum is yet to be seen. It is also unknown if Stalbaum had a change of heart about the app following overwhelming criticism and also the release of his and his family’s personal information by the hacking group Anonymous and came up with the honeypot story as an exit maneuver."

LOL @ his own personal info being released.

Top Bottom