Patriot Mobile

Just bought some no0b wet shaving stuffs, anyone here wet shave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Y'all could just grow breads.

zz top 1.jpg

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I learned long ago to skip the shaving cream all together. Buy good razors and shave after a shower with water alone. Keeps me from getting razor rash anyway.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I learned long ago to skip the shaving cream all together. Buy good razors and shave after a shower with water alone. Keeps me from getting razor rash anyway.

I can do that with mach3 but not with a feather blade.
    Feathers will damn near lift a skin graft.

Sent from me.

MGTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    By the Bay
    What? Am I the only one on here that does not use any chemicals before during or after? I get in a hot shower and get some warm water on the face, then go at it with a sharp cartridge type razor. I have not used shaving cream or anything like that in over a dozen years. I even go against the grain without any problems. No problems with getting a close, smooth shave daily.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    What? Am I the only one on here that does not use any chemicals before during or after? I get in a hot shower and get some warm water on the face, then go at it with a sharp cartridge type razor. I have not used shaving cream or anything like that in over a dozen years. I even go against the grain without any problems. No problems with getting a close, smooth shave daily.

I can't do that with how coarse my beard has gotten in the last couple of years.

Sent from me.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I get irritation very easily after shaving. Nasty red, itchy, ugly-feeling bumps. The solution is to use isopropyl alchohol as aftershave. The fumes are extremely intense and I'd reccomend doing it in front of a small fan blowing softly. It's like an A-Bomb for irritation. Find it in the medicine aisle; it's the same stuff you used to dread getting poured on wounds as a kid.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Random, I've been wet shaving for about six months now and love it. I use the colonel conk soap, van der Hagen brush, and a merkur 34C or a parker 92R razor. I'm still working through a variety pack of blades (Gillette, Feather, and various others). I highly recommend geo f trumper skin food for aftershave. Hope you enjoy and master your new razor quickly.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Go check out straightrazorplace.com.

I would strongly suggest picking up a razor from there. It's a forum. With a plethora of information available.

I would STRONGLY recommend buying a real straight edge vs a fake one. The difference is significant.

Quite frankly it's worse with those replaceable blade straights than a safety razor.

Done correctly, I've seen a significant improvement going from a Mach 5 to a straight. I love the challenge, the inability of one to rush the process. It forces me to calm down and focus one one thing for those ten minutes.

Also bath and body works sells a good shaving cream with poraso. It's in a green tube.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I use the Brush and shaving soap with a cartridge razor. Do not buy one of those Conair shaving cream heaters they are terrible. I got one as a gift. the only reason I kept using it was so I didn't leave a rust ring on the sink from the shaving cream can.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    I'm actually considering going really old school and using a straight razor.

Sent from me.
    Do it. I used to hate shaving so on a whim I bought a straight razor and now I will never go back. As long as you take your time, and do a little homework it is very nice. With the straight razor you will get a better shave, have softer smoother skin and learn that holding a deadly blade to your own face is quite relaxing.

Picking a razor is a bit of work, as so many new razors are crap. Vintage is even more tricky.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    My facial hair grows in like joe dirts so I shave regularly but i just use a trimmer so it look like I have a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Do it. I used to hate shaving so on a whim I bought a straight razor and now I will never go back. As long as you take your time, and do a little homework it is very nice. With the straight razor you will get a better shave, have softer smoother skin and learn that holding a deadly blade to your own face is quite relaxing.

Picking a razor is a bit of work, as so many new razors are crap. Vintage is even more tricky.

There is one downside. You end up with more crap in the bathroom than your wife...

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

Any tips on picking a blade? They seem to vary hugely in price points.

Sent from me.

Top Bottom