Capitol Armory ad

Just hit my one-year mark in San Antonio...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    Great intro! I grew up in San Antonio then spent three decades with the snow shovel in eastern WA. And, yes the BLM land was sweet. I had a Marine buddy what built his own Super Cub and would fly up to a local mountaintop, where there was an area for shooting. I missed out on going with him...still kicking myself.

Glad you are loving it here and maybe we'll meet up some day...
    Yes! I feel like I took all the BLM land for granted now!
    Guns International

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    Welcome. I hear you on the public land in the West versus land access here. That is the biggest downfall. I spent years in AK and MT and miss the wide open access.

If you are still “Range shopping”, check out my two favorites, Lone Star Handgun and Cedar Ridge Range. They are pretty different set ups but both offer a LOT for a shooter.
    Excellent. They are on my list.

It's been a minute, so I'll want to start by sighting my primary pistol and also my AR. I'd prefer not having to switch ranges or lanes, so I'll need to check ahead to make sure I can fire both on the same lane. I'm fine sighting both on a 25-yard lane, if needed.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Welcome to TGT from San Antonio. Coincidentally, my father was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War, where he met my mother who is from north Thailand (Chiang Rai area...near the cave where the Thai kids were trapped). I was a brat too, growing up mostly in Germany.

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    Welcome to TGT from San Antonio. Coincidentally, my father was stationed in Thailand during the Vietnam War, where he met my mother who is from north Thailand (Chiang Rai area...near the cave where the Thai kids were trapped). I was a brat too, growing up mostly in Germany.

My first memories are from Germany! Are we related?! ;)

Udon Thani isn't exactly close to Chiang Rai ... but, hey ... it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    My first memories are from Germany! Are we related?! ;)

Udon Thani isn't exactly close to Chiang Rai ... but, hey ... it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.
    She was born up north, but attended Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, then joined the Thai civil service. My dad met her when they were both working at Don Muong Air Base (now Bangkok's international airport).

We may not be related, but might have been in the school cafeteria or recess playground at the same time. I was in Vogelwegh (from about 1975 until 1981) and then moved to Ramstein (until 1984). Did you ever throw a softball at me and dent my face?

Last edited:

oldwisemonk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    San Antonio
    She was born up north, but attended Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, then joined the Thai civil service. My dad met her when they were both working at Don Muong Air Base (now Bangkok's international airport).

We may not be related, but might have been in the school cafeteria or recess playground at the same time. I was in Vogelwegh (from about 1975 until 1981) and then moved to Ramstein (until 1984). Did you ever throw a softball at me and dent my face?

Looks like we were constantly in similar areas, but not the exact same places. I was in Kaiserslautern, aka K-town.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Excellent. They are on my list.

It's been a minute, so I'll want to start by sighting my primary pistol and also my AR. I'd prefer not having to switch ranges or lanes, so I'll need to check ahead to make sure I can fire both on the same lane. I'm fine sighting both on a 25-yard lane, if needed.
    Use Cedar Ridge. No restrictions on ammo or caliber in any regular bay (just steel).

Top Bottom