Just registered-here are some of my handguns

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by TexasKaiser, Apr 10, 2008.

1. TexasKaiser

TexasKaiser New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I live south of houston on the coast and i just joined this forum for Texans, which is sweet.:banger: I just turned 21 in feb and i have aquired a rock island 1911 .45 acp, a smith and wesson M&P 9mm, a rossi ss 6in .357, and a 1895 nagant revolver (cheapie). I will post pics when i get a digital camera. Great forum by the way.

2. phatcyclist

phatcyclist Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I too own an M&P 9, how do you like yours?

Nice collection and welcome to the forum.

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wilkommen.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Welcome to the forum.I have Rocks,Paras,Colt and Kimber 1911s.I am upgrading my new Rock with some nice slim grips.I am also into the Ars and Aks.

5. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome :smoker:

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Good to have you here! For having only just turned 21, that's a nice collection you've already got going. :)

7. jim t

jim t Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    welcome to the forum. and how do you like the nagant pistol? I want one of them so bad. but cant find one around here. dont have a C&R and cant find a dealer to transferr one for me.:confused:

8. TexasKaiser

TexasKaiser New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    thank yall

Yea the smith and wesson M&P is the best 9mm i have ever shot and i think it is very nice. when i get my chl i will probably carry it if its cool enough outside and i can wear a coat. I may pick up the compact version of the m&p when i get some more money for my full time carry gun.:) I have about 11 guns total including a Yugo M70AB2 AK-47 underfolder with a chrome barrel and reciever. The yugo is my home defense gun and truck gun on hunting trips. The nagant revolver is actually quite a nice, solid little gun that packs well in a pocket and it does shoot. I got the nagant revolver at a pasadena gun show about a week ago($100) and found out that you dont have to shoot the original ammo in it(7.62X38r). The nagant ammo is quite expesive but instead you can shoot .32 s&w long, and also .32 H&R magnum out of it. I have shot both out of my gun and both work well but they do bulge slightly. thanks again guys.:banger:

9. machinisttx

machinisttx Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I was interested in one myself until I handled one my father in law bought. The trigger on the gun is absolutely terrible. I'd guess the single action pull at 7-8 pounds and the double action at near 20(no, I'm not kidding). The mechanism of the gun simply has too many parts to move to ever achieve anything near a decent trigger. Ammunition isn't cheap or easy to find. You can get a .32 ACP cylinder, but most need fitting before they will function properly. Firing the nagant ammo, you'll probably need a small hammer to knock the casings out of the cylinder(my father in law did, and this is due to the gas seal design). All of that being said, it is fairly accurate if you can deal with the trigger.

If you want something to shoot, look elsewhere. For a neat and interesting conversation piece, it'd be great. You should get a C&R license, it's only $30 for 3 years.

10. JDKRIEK

JDKRIEK Member

Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Welcome! Nice collection you got there.