• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    I understand that unlawfull carring is still breaking the law. The point I was trying to make is a person who chooses to do so isnt committing a crime against me.
    I a person chooses to have a gun on them for any reason other than committing a crime, their not offending me.

I feel the same way with a lot of the laws. So long as what someone else is doing does not affect my rights or intrude upon my life, I say let them.

Want to shoot up smack? No prob. Want to OD from smack? No prob. But if any of the consequences require my tax money to take care of your responsibilities: major problem.
    Venture Surplus ad

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    So no crime if your neighbor is murdered/raped, etc?

I meant to generalize so long as the person doesn't intrude on anyone else's rights or life. Dunno what I was thinking prior to the above post, since its something I say frequently. :/

Murder/rape is a serious violation of someone else's rights and life, so that would be a major problem.

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    Yes sir it should be easy. I just can sit through all the talking part. Hearing all those laws a what if's kinda gets on my nerves.
    You gotta remember, I dont like the CHL and dont think anyone should have to have one. All I think people should have is enough sence to practice and be responsible.
    FYI, im fixin to get me a Utah CCW. Its only 4 hours and cheap!

As an instructor, let me please tell you how many "Utah students" I have had in my classes. It is a joke and does NOT prepare you to carry in Texas. It prepares you to carry in Utah. Several of my cop buddies have mentioned many instances of when they have had "run ins" with Utah CHL holders who didn't know what the laws in Texas are.

On a personal level, it's offensive to have to get a CHL in the first place. But, until that law changes, it offends me evn more to see a Texan skirt the rules to save themselves a few hours and $50.

They don't cover many aspects of carrying in Texas. And, according to my cop buddies, it is offensive to cops/judges because someone has actively sought the best way to go bypass learning Texas law.

Don't do it, brother. The $50 extra you use taking a Texas class may save you thousands in legal fees.

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    Y'all can hang out here and argue semantics and shrug your shoulders and say, "Welp, them's the laws", but I'm honestly sick of hearin' it. Instead of doing something about it, everyone's goin' belly up and just takin it, and paying for the privilege of taking it.

This the type of genius that the CNN reporters look for at a Tea Party Rally.....

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    So how many people took some training after getting their little showme card saying that can stap on a hog leg? Nevermind all the legalities and crap: Do you even have the mad skillz necassary to keep from having you ass handed to you by some scumbag that wants your skrilla or to rape your wife and kill your kids?

It floored me watching one of the range employees (not an employee of Proactive mind you) handle his desert Eagle. He had very little control of the weapon and kept pointing the gun in unsafe directions while trying to clear misfeeds. This is a person that I would have assumed knew his shit when it came to firearms. I'm sure if I ask him later on down in the office if he ever takes any classes anywhere he'll say 'no' and explain how he already knows all that stuff - it's all really simple stuff (and it is).

Just a small suggestion: go buy and read this book: The Little Black Book of Violence and do some thinking. Screw the Utal and TX CHL crap - focus on the actual reason you have decided to carry a handgun. 21 feet is all it takes and you're filet of redneck.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Card arrived last night. Signed up for Texas Shield CHL insurance. I pray that I'll never need it.

In the meantime: learning to shoot competitively is a friggin blast.

Top Bottom