Venture Surplus ad

Just toss your handgun in the pond, no one will see it... right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'll report it if the locals get back to me. I didn't make it up. I witnessed it.... and I got the license plate of fknuts. IDK> Why would someone involved in a crime, even potentially, dispose of a piece of evidience in the middle of the day, in front of other folks, especially a birthday party with other cars around, IN ADDITION to the odd van that showed up to witness it... ?

Meth does fucky things to ones ability to make good decisions.
    Guns International

mancho

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    North Dallas
    Meth does fucky things to ones ability to make good decisions.

Must be, however I don't see that on the gun form, "are you addicted to meth or have a propensity to dispose of firearms in bodies of water?" Nope, never on my forms.

To big boss, if you do a small amount of googling, you'll find it, maybe not the gun, but the park, pond.

im with the other poster, it's not my business and I'm not going to hope fknuts tossed a $3k hand gun... although he reminds me of the type of guy that would own one for about 3 days.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Yep I'm with the meth theory. We were just discussing this yesterday (the stupidity of 95% all criminals) and they just ain't right to think they will get away with most crimes. Recently 2 thugs broke into a friends store. Broke the front glass walked in and took 20 cartons of cigarettes? Caught on camera and apprehended in less that 24 hours. Now who in their right mind does this? Most likely they were tweeking.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Mancho, you did good. Linking the plate number to a weapon that quite possibly may be evidence in a crime. I for one could care less how nice a gun it is, I certainly wouldn't want to be linked to it, leave it to any investigation.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

100% CORRECT.

SOME of the various sorts of illegal drugs make the unlawful user EXTREMELY PARANOID, too.

Some years ago, a "criminal genius" jumped off the Bolivar-Galveston Ferry, as he feared that "people were looking at me". = The GCSD boat unit "fished him out of the water" & questioned him about his FEARS of being "looked at" by others.
    When the deputies found out that he was "under the influence" & had 4 outstanding warrants, the deputies "soothed him" & told him that they had "a safe place for you to stay". = The dolt actually thanked the deputies.
    (I was present at the SD at the time & like any number of other folks, LOL.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well... where's the pics of your new gun? I'd use WD40 to get the water off, but then you'd have to clean off all the WD40 residue.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Speaking of "criminal geniuses", I got an email from an old LE colleague late last night, who was present when an injured "home invader" was interviewed at a hospital ER & later at the local County Police HQ.
    What happened was that a father of a 10YO girl heard a noise outside his daughter's bedroom window, armed himself with a baseball bat, went outside & around the house, saw a man trying to break into the window & hit the intruder several times across the back/shoulders/head, knocking the criminal unconscious.The homeowner then called 911 & told the dispatcher what happened. - Both a County Police 2-man patrol unit & an ambulance arrived at the house in less than 10 minutes.
    The criminal was given first aid & transported to the hospital, with the County Police following the ambulance.
    (According to the 2 FD paramedics, the criminal admitted that he was "just trying to break into the house" & that the homeowner had "beat me up for no reason at all".).
    According to detectives, who were dispatched to the hospital ER, the criminal claimed that he, "--- was just walking down the street when this guy come & beat me up. I wasn't doing nuthin' but walking." The detectives then confronted the criminal with the "pry bar" that he was using to break into the little girl's bedroom window & which had the criminal's fingerprints upon it. The criminal then said, "I wasn't even there & I didn't do nuthin' at all to deserve being all beat-up."

According to my former colleague, the criminal has previously served sentences to confinement in NC, SC & MD for similar felony offenses, since his 17th birthday. = As I said earlier, MOST of the criminals that we LEO apprehend are "real geniuses". = CHUCKLE.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    To All,

Speaking of "criminal geniuses", I got an email from an old LE colleague late last night, who was present when an injured "home invader" was interviewed at a hospital ER & later at the local County Police HQ.
    What happened was that a father of a 10YO girl heard a noise outside his daughter's bedroom window, armed himself with a baseball bat, went outside & around the house, saw a man trying to break into the window & hit the intruder several times across the back/shoulders/head, knocking the criminal unconscious.The homeowner then called 911 & told the dispatcher what happened. - Both a County Police 2-man patrol unit & an ambulance arrived at the house in less than 10 minutes.
    The criminal was given first aid & transported to the hospital, with the County Police following the ambulance.
    (According to the 2 FD paramedics, the criminal admitted that he was "just trying to break into the house" & that the homeowner had "beat me up for no reason at all".).
    According to detectives, who were dispatched to the hospital ER, the criminal claimed that he, "--- was just walking down the street when this guy come & beat me up. I wasn't doing nuthin' but walking." The detectives then confronted the criminal with the "pry bar" that he was using to break into the little girl's bedroom window & which had the criminal's fingerprints upon it. The criminal then said, "I wasn't even there & I didn't do nuthin' at all to deserve being all beat-up."

According to my former colleague, the criminal has previously served sentences to confinement in NC, SC & MD for similar felony offenses, since his 17th birthday. = As I said earlier, MOST of the criminals that we LEO apprehend are "real geniuses". = CHUCKLE.

yours, satx

Homeowner needs to spend more time in the batting cage.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

YEP. - Then we would have one less CHILD MOLESTER & that would be a good thing.

yours, satx

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

There are definitely some correlations between IQ and some forms of crime. Too stupid to earn much in the free market but also too stupid to realize that crime doesn't really pay in the end for most stupid criminals. I've heard stats thrown about that the average bank robber makes the equivalent of about $7.50 an hour over the course of their life.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Dawico,

My old school friend said (though I forgot to say = MEA CULPA!!) that the homeowner (, VERY UNWISELY in my view,) didn't even own/possess a firearm, so he "armed himself" with a baseball bat. - The homeowner is LUCKY that the criminal did NOT have a gun!!!

yours, satx

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dawico,

My old school friend said (though I forgot to say = MEA CULPA!!) that the homeowner (, VERY UNWISELY in my view,) didn't even own/possess a firearm, so he "armed himself" with a baseball bat. - The homeowner is LUCKY that the criminal did NOT have a gun!!!

yours, satx

I am inclined to think that the scumbag is the lucky one that the father has a conscience and probably pulled his swing.

I would have only made sure that I was swinging with the label up and swung for the fence.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Someone attempts to harm a minor child in my family and I may bypass the Benelli in favor of a Louisville Slugger.

But then again, I have been called a mean SOB.
    My ultimate point is that if a man can't swing a bat hard enough to clean out the gene pool then he should be using a better tool.

Also, if a man were to go beyond a few good assaults on an intruder he may be looking at charges himself.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My ultimate point is that if a man can't swing a bat hard enough to clean out the gene pool then he should be using a better tool.

Also, if a man were to go beyond a few good assaults on an intruder he may be looking at charges himself.

I know what you mean and you are correct( although in my non legal/non binding personal opinion deadly force is deadly force, whether you use a firearm or a chainsaw and a blowtorch) that you could incur charges for taking too many swings.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be taking a lot of swings to stop the threat.;)

cwo4uscgret

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    near the Alamo
    A Louisville Slugger? Reminds me of an off-duty situation I came across about 5 years ago.

After I left a gun shop (buying some ammo and targets for a range trip) I was driving down a side street shortcut that completely misses the downtown traffic. I look to my left and there are two people, fighting on the ground. Number 1 has an aluminum Tee Ball Bat in hand, Number 2 has about a 6" gash on the top of his head and is covered in blood. Oh shit I thought as I put the truck in park (blocking all traffic!) pulled my handgun and badge, jumped out and yelled "Police - stop or I will shoot." Number 1 got up, started to walk towards me with the bat in hand, as if he's going to try the "old guy." Once again I said "Police, drop the bat or I will shoot." He did; didn't like it when I said get down on the ground but finally did comply.

Number 2 decided it was time to get up and blend into the now 50-60 people crowd. I told him to stay down on the ground, I don't know what's going on and we'll let the police decide what to do. Number 1 then says, "Sir, I'm not going to give you any trouble." Heck I hoped not - after all I was pointing a Colt Cobra loaded with Hydrashoks at his chest!

I asked if anyone had called 911 and a guy walked up to me, cell phone in hand, saying he has a gun and a badge...then said they're on their way. Another person told me he saw everything from when the guy with the bat ran across the street and clocked the other guy.

The Police arrived, handcuffed Number 1, then asked me what I saw. They took my name and information (as a CBP Officer in the town I knew most of the local PD anyway), said thanks, and I left.

The next day I read in the newspaper that Number 2 went to Number 1's apartment to pick up his son from his ex-wife who was now living with Number 1. Apparently Number 2 used racial slurs directed at Number 1. If you're dumb enough to do that now a days you probably deserve an ass kicking - but not with a baseball bat.

After everything was said and done - there were two times I could have shot Number 1 had he not complied; first when they were fighting and second had he advanced any further towards me with the bat. I'm glad that I didn't have to shoot him; he complied both times; but I would have if I had to...

I didn't see anyone "filming" it but had I shot I suspect I would have become a Facebook Star!

Top Bottom