• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Mark your calenders, for October 29th. Two large gun wholesalers will open in Katy, TX.

First up is Tactical Firearms located on Mason road at Kingsland, is moving 2 blocks south to their new location behind Auto Zone. The new store AND RANGE is over 19,000 square feet. The 24 lane shooting range can support any weapon up to a .50 BMG, and is class 3 friendly. There is also claims about a hogans alley scenario, but I do not know if it is live fire or simulation. Opens 10:00am
    Welcome to Tactical Firearms.US

Not to be outdone, AJC is opening up on the south side of I-10 near Fry. AJC has consistently had some of the cheapest gun show prices. Lets see if they can do the same at retail. Opens 9:00am
    AJC North Houston Gun Store Katy Location At I-10 and Fry Road

I'm feeling poorer already....

(I hope this does not offend board sponsors, it was not my intention.)
    Lynx Defense

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think AJC is having free James Coney Island hotdogs this weekend to celebrate. Stop by for lunch.

Good news is that Allen (AJC) will be selling NFA items now.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    AJC is giving away a gun every hour in a drawing. The first was an M&P 15. The rest are all really nice guns.

There are a lot of people at both locations.

Your odds right now are about 10 in 300... 10 more to go, 300 entries.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    got back from seeing them bolth. Skip Tactical if you need to choose between the two.

AJC was an impressive setup. $99 mosins are there and selling fast. SC-Texas was there along with a bunch of vendors. Great crowd, parking lot is big and full. Drawings are for some nice @#$% held on the hr not necessary to be there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I went to both. I had a feed store run to make this afternoon.
    Both have pros and cons.
    Tactical is going to have the indoor ultra modern NFA friendly range opening in December for both pistol and rifle calibers up to but not 50BMG. They have an in house contract gunsmith. They are LEO and active military friendly and offer huge discounts to both. They also have NFA items in stock including suppressors and sbr's. I am not sure if they will do a trust for free or for a discount. These guys have invested a huge amount in this place. I actually had a chat with Jeremy Alcede today outside the store. What they don't have is a lot of inventory. I also saw a lot of "tactifool stuff" that looks good but is not very practical. I saw so many of those godforsaken cheap plastic bipod foregrips attached to rifles I wanted to puke. Someone with some practical knowledge needs to talk to these guys about avoiding direct marketing to schmucks who buy that type of crap. While their inventory was a bit thin, they did have a decent variety of firearms styles that included some long range rifles and the usual AK's and AR's. They had some high quality optics from Schmidt and Bender along with Trijiclones and other cheap crap. The place was crowded since there was a lot of advertising for this grand opening. I think the West Houston folks are really going to like the indoor range once the doors open.

Most of us who have been to gun shows in the Houston area are familiar with AJC. I bought an AK from them several years ago. They have a big presence at most of the Houston area shows and are pretty decent discounters. Like most of the dealers, AJC store prices are going to be higher than the show prices and that will typically be around 15% to 20%. I know this because I compared some handgun prices at their store with the last GRB show. That does not mean you can't make a deal at a gun show with them for a special order item or an out of stock item to pick up later at the store. Just remember to place a deposit and get a receipt so they will honor the gun show price. I have seen at least half of the store staff at guns shows and they are fairly knowledgeable about what they carry.
    AJC's inventory is pretty decent. Much more than tactical at this time. I would like to see them carry a better variety of optics and I think they will in time. SC Texas was there and he actually did a great job of marketing the practical need for suppressors. AJC is going to have it's biggest success if they have sales staff with practical knowledge on the equipment they are selling and avoid pushing the "tactifool" junk. In the store showroom they will be able to demonstrate their knowledge much better than at the higher volume weekend gun shows. There are not many gun stores that will gear you up with the right stuff. Let's hope these guys will shine in that department.
    They actually had some of the items on my buy list.

Both stores have their pros and cons. Check out both.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Martinus_Turonis, thanks for the good review.

You made me laugh with the "Trijiclones" and "tactifool stuff" comments.

Sometimes stores must have low hanging fruit to pay the light bills, I am ok with that stuff as long as they don't hype it over the better made items.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    Can't tell about Tactical, but I just browsed AJC online, and from their website, it seems they should be called OOS Gun Shop (Out Of Stock). Their prices look OK, not great, but how good can a price be if they don't have the stock. In all fairness, maybe I was looking for something no one has: Colt 01991 Govt. in Blue. I'll still drop in when I'm in the neighborhood, as it will at least be more interesting browsing than the frame store!

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Welcome aboard Mike! I really like your new facility. I can't wait to see the range when it is complete. I have purchased a few firearms from you at the old store and always felt that I got a good deal. I like being able to order from online wholesalers and shipping the to your facility. They seem to have you listed, and it is never a hassle.

Free trust? I will be seeing you soon about that!

You are lucky to have Barry working there. You will see his value very quickly. He is very good at his work, and friendly toward customers. Not like many of the gunsmiths I have dealt with in the past.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    This is the gyu who claims to be a part time US Marshall sniper and practices law without a license?

Locked and Banned for advertisement.

BTW: There is a nice thread on AR15.com in the Texas forum about these guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom