• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I was hell bent on getting the PPS to use as a carry piece when I was in workout clothes or wanted a lighterweight piece but then when I was at McBride's on Saturday I felt this piece and really liked it... then the price tag was more economical than the Walther... I'm liking the idea too of the belt-clip that can be attached to the gun to go holsterless... I liked the videos that I've seen on the web of people shooting it... I was just wondering who's go one... I also like the idea of it being American-made... that is if Florida hasn't slipped of into Cuba yet...
    Lynx Defense

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    My last CHL class had one in it, lets just say his first stop monday was the gun shop too look for a replacement.

oldcop041

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    I have a PF-9 and I have put about 300 rounds through it with no issues. I carry it daily.

Kel-Tecs sometimes need a little work to perform properly, but I have owned several over the years and have never had any problems with them. I hear that Kel-Tec has great customer service with a fast turn around.

I feel my Kahr P-9 is easier to shoot well than the Kel-Tec PF9 because it has a slightly longer grip, a superior trigger and better sights, but the PF-9 hides better with my current carry method.

I also have a Kel-Tec P-32, which I like.

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    Owned & carried the PF9, PPS in 9 & 40, Kahr CW9 & MK9, and settled with the Kahr PM9. The others were just large enough to make pocket carry difficult. All are reliable in my experience, but the Kahr was the keeper. The PF9 and Kahr CW9 are nearly identical in size and closer in price. Bears inspection for a single stack 9 for CCW.

My thoughts on the PF9 almost 2 years ago:

TXDPSA.com :: View topic - My new PF-9 - Range Report
    TXDPSA.com :: View topic - PF-9: Week 2

PPS eval here.
    TXDPSA.com :: View topic - My newest pocket pistol!

Apologize for the pics being gone, but only so much space online for these things.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I have a PF-9 and I have put about 300 rounds through it with no issues. I carry it daily.

Kel-Tecs sometimes need a little work to perform properly, but I have owned several over the years and have never had any problems with them. I hear that Kel-Tec has great customer service with a fast turn around.

I feel my Kahr P-9 is easier to shoot well than the Kel-Tec PF9 because it has a slightly longer grip, a superior trigger and better sights, but the PF-9 hides better with my current carry method.

I also have a Kel-Tec P-32, which I like.

What type of work did yours require?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    [URL="http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl"][url]http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl[/URL][/URL]
    go to this forum, lots of useful info
    PF9 has a snappy recoil--due to its light weight and size and trigger pull is a long DA
    Kel Tec comes with lifetime warranty and CS is outstanding

It's good to hear that CS is outstanding... that's always a nice touch... I'm kind of disappointed that the trigger pull is long... I'll have to feel it the next time at McBride's (Thank god they don't put guards on them like freaking Academy and you actually get to feel what it feels like to pull the trigger)... I'm not looking for something that doesn't have a snappy recoil... Frankly it wouldn't be a range gun explicitly... I've got range pieces that I enjoy the shit out of... I just want something that I can tuck into gym shorts etc... something that won't yank my shorts down when I don't want to wear a belt...

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    the long trigger pull is necessary because gun has no external safety

And that's uderstandable as does my sp101... I just like on my ruger the single action options as firing it in double action is god awful and I know some people are thinking in the heat of it really going to take the time to cock and then fire and with the hammer on it it doesn't take but more than a fraction of a second and really adds considerably to the control of the gun so with the weight of this gun itd be something I'd really have to practice with the pull of it but not something that will send me looking in the other direction...

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My father has a PM9 and he has to shoot the Federal EFMJ (expensive and hard to come by) defense rounds or it will jam. My PF-9 eat everything I've put in the magazine, even the 147 grain Hornady TAP that's in it now. I decided to try the PF-9 because I wanted 9mm and wanted something to carry, but I wasn't spending $600 on a PM9 after seeing the performance my father's displays.

I'm quite happy with my purchase, although I still need to get an IWB holster for it.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I've got a Kel Tec P3AT (I'm sure they thought they were being clever with that title).

No complaints, except that 380 ammo just doesn't exists any more. Really wish I'd gotten the 32 caliber one. . . . (I never thought I say that).

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I was hell bent on getting the PPS to use as a carry piece when I was in workout clothes or wanted a lighterweight piece but then when I was at McBride's on Saturday I felt this piece and really liked it... then the price tag was more economical than the Walther... I'm liking the idea too of the belt-clip that can be attached to the gun to go holsterless... I liked the videos that I've seen on the web of people shooting it... I was just wondering who's go one... I also like the idea of it being American-made... that is if Florida hasn't slipped of into Cuba yet...

Texas Teacher,

I have been carrying the PF9 since they were introduced, and still do today. I really scrutinized this gun after having it's big brother, the P11 for 7 years. It is a well built weapon, especially for the price you pay. Mine has gone BANG every time I pull the trigger, it hits the target when I do my part, it is light enough to easily carry in my pocket allllll day. It is NOT agun you want to take to the range and shoot tons of rounds through, but this gun was not designed for that kind of shooting style.
    It is made in America and they have GREAT customer service.

I carry mine in a Galco Pocket holster.

PF9_PocketHolster.jpg

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    My P32 has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks. They said when it was received that I could expect 4 to 6 weeks before they looked at it. Not sure if that is quick turn around or not as its the only gun I ever had that stopped eating lead mid stride that I could not fix with standard IA drills.

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    hey phatcyclist
    I carry my PF9 in a kholster--http://kholster.com/
    or check out Monica Kuehn Leathers--she is a TGT member, lots of testimonials on her work in this forum.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Texas Teacher,

I have been carrying the PF9 since they were introduced, and still do today. I really scrutinized this gun after having it's big brother, the P11 for 7 years. It is a well built weapon, especially for the price you pay. Mine has gone BANG every time I pull the trigger, it hits the target when I do my part, it is light enough to easily carry in my pocket allllll day. It is NOT agun you want to take to the range and shoot tons of rounds through, but this gun was not designed for that kind of shooting style.
    It is made in America and they have GREAT customer service.

I carry mine in a Galco Pocket holster.

Good to know... thanks

Top Bottom