• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Any reviews opinions and or experiences with these. Got a buddy who is a Former Scout Sniper and wants one, all I can do is .......I figured the Marine corps would have taught him better.
    My only exp with Kel Tec has been a P-11 I once owned, I don't brag about it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It looks like a pretty cool gun. The price is a little high for anything with Kel Tec on it, but as the supply meets the demand, we will see how low it goes.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It is nice to see new designs in a .308. For so many years .223 has been the round of choice for casual shooters. Personally I like shooting .308 over .223, I am glad that it is becoming more popular. The RFB is an intriguing weapon, and kudos to Kel-Tec for breaking the mold and bringing another bullpup to market. The video of people firing it, seems to have a LOT of barrel rise in the shot. It is difficult to determine the cause from a Youtube video. I suspect if there are enough interested parties, the proper muzzle brakes, or compensators will come to market.

I own a few Kel-Tecs and I won't say that they have been trouble free, but they have always honored the lifetime warranty without any quibble.

If someone gets there hands on one, please post a range report.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Hmmm. I would opt for the MSAR STG in 7.62x39 over that any day. Shooting .308 is what makes the RFB so appealing to me in the first place.

The MSAR does not take AK mags, that is a major drawback for me.

The RFB has the advantage of the forward ejection and can be fired from either shoulder.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I had a chance to handle a couple of RFBs at the gun show this weekend. The feel was nice, the balance (unloaded without optics of course) was right over the pistol grip, which kind of surprised me. What really surprised me though was the one that was sitting next to an M1A. I picked one up in each hand and the RFB is heavier than an M1A! WTH, man? That's a seriously heavy hunk of steel.

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    So its heavy huh.
    I still cant get over the fact that its a kel tec. One thing I dont like it the fact it only has a 9.3 in rail section and no other rail space, meaning if you run a large Scoped optic where the hell are you going to mount Iron sights. Or a light or a PEQ-2/4/15/15A. Sling mounts are another thinf plus I dodnt really care for the kel tec pistol grip.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Iron sights are so last century. :p

If you're running a large scope, you won't have room for irons on an AR, either.... My flat top M4 has way less than 9" of rail on top of it.

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Iron sights are so last century. :p

If you're running a large scope, you won't have room for irons on an AR, either.... My flat top M4 has way less than 9" of rail on top of it.

I beg to differ dude. I run Irons on all my AR's and several have optics, including multiple optics and/or large scopes. I bet you wont say BUIS are so last century when your scope mount breaks and you are sitting there cursing yourself.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I beg to differ dude. I run Irons on all my AR's and several have optics, including multiple optics and/or large scopes. I bet you wont say BUIS are so last century when your scope mount breaks and you are sitting there cursing yourself.

You see the smiley, right? That means it was a joke.

Yes, I have BUIS on my M4...

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have been shooting my Winchester, Pre 64 Mod 70 for years and it is a bonafied hole in a hole shooter. I always wanted a semi auto in .308/7.62mm for hog hunting and looked at several guns that offered that caliber. I have several AR-15's and was about to order an AR-10. Into the shop comes the RFB and I was immediate amazed at the bullpup design. After it sat on the shelf for over a week, and no one even asked to look at it, I decided to purchase my first bullpup design carbine. I made a partial trade of one of my 3 AR-15's and took it home. After reading the manual I field stripped, cleaned and relubed the gun and picked up the only box of 7.62mm I had laying around. The Winchester has been written about as being a "dont use due to reliability" ammo but it was all I had. I headed to the range and took along a brand new Vortex Strikefire that I had purchased for one of my AR's. I installed the sight and loaded all 20 into the clip. I fired the first 10, as fast as I could just to check function and was immediately amazed at the comfort and lack of recoil and muzzle rise. The next 10 were to sight in the Strikefire. Since I had run off and left my laser boresighter at home. I just winged it. The picture below will show the progress with the last two shots almost touching and just to the right of the bull. All shots were at 50 yards.
    I do like this rifle and am looking forward to shooting some different ammo to see if it is as consistient in function and as accurate. I will more than likely suppress the gun later this year for hog hunting and try some of the different sub-sonic ammo out there as well.
    IMG_0167.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    How's the trigger? Better/worse/about the same as a MSAR?

Didn't try the trigger. Most guns have zip ties through the action holding the bolt out of battery.

If I had to make a guess, it's probably better or about the same. If Microtech would make their hammer and sear out of steel instead of plastic, it would go a long way to improve trigger feel.

Top Bottom