• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I was walking past our creek today and saw nearly a dozen water moccasins slithering over one another in a pool of muddy water. I got my .22 and was only able to get 4 of them before they took off under a culvert pipe at the bridge. Pretty gross sight to see that many snakes together and now it makes me wonder how many others are around there. Hopefully take some more out tomorrow cuz the snakes around here are getting ridiculous.
    Hurley's Gold

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    I heard that snakes and other pests are gonna be pretty bad, because of the warm winter. We got a letter in the mail from our subdivision advising us not to go around the creeks and watch out around the lakes. they have been getting lots of reports and such I guess.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    shoot, I've only seen 1 snake this season. I wish I could find another 6' rattler like I did a few years back. ofcourse I'd love to get an 8 footer' so I can shut my brother up lol

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    There are only two kinds of snakes 1. Dead Snakes 2. Snakes that I have not killed yet. Don't give me that crap about king snakes and rat snakes and how they are beneficial for pest control. I know where to buy some good rat poison. Ain't nothing worse than to step on a snake at night. I promise you that I am not going to try and figure out what kind it is until I have put at least 30 rounds of .223 in it.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Sounds like they were doin the nasty....
    lol

There are only two kinds of snakes 1. Dead Snakes 2. Snakes that I have not killed yet. Don't give me that crap about king snakes and rat snakes and how they are beneficial for pest control. I know where to buy some good rat poison. Ain't nothing worse than to step on a snake at night. I promise you that I am not going to try and figure out what kind it is until I have put at least 30 rounds of .223 in it.
    No, tell us how you really feel lol

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County

Amen. I like to shoot them with 00Buck. Everyone at my casa feels better when the evil wrigglers are a fine red mist.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Celeste
    Question for you seasoned snake hunters: what do you use for shootin em? do u actually use .22 snake shot or just some ball ammo? rife/pistol?

im trying to figure out what set up i want to use while workin our property. i was thinkin a 22 revolver with snake shot or 38 revolver with snake shot. i'd like to keep it light and lower cost. not interested in carrying my 12g around everywhere. also was thinkin my lever action marlin with snake shot could work

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Question for you seasoned snake hunters: what do you use for shootin em? do u actually use .22 snake shot or just some ball ammo? rife/pistol?

im trying to figure out what set up i want to use while workin our property. i was thinkin a 22 revolver with snake shot or 38 revolver with snake shot. i'd like to keep it light and lower cost. not interested in carrying my 12g around everywhere. also was thinkin my lever action marlin with snake shot could work

I use a 22 right behind the head. If your thinking aobut eating it, I'd skip the lead and use a knife and stick as to not accidentally punch a poison gland

Top Bottom