• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    When I was about 16 or so back in the 80's, I caught one in a bait net while trying to get some minnows for bait. The water was murky, so I couldn't see below the surface, but when the net caught it, I thought I had snagged a turtle because of the weight and drag. Once I pulled it out of the water, I saw it was a snake. Luckily, I was close to home, so I took the net-filled snake to my backyard, laid it down on the ground with the net over it, ran inside, grabbed my bow and arrow, and shot it. I managed to hit it in the tail, pinning it to the ground. The tricky part was moving the net off the snake with an arrow pinning it to the ground. Once I didi that, I aimed for its head. That thing was quick, as it would move its head out of the way after each shot. The next tricky part was grabbing the arrow without getting bit. The snake kept striking the shaft when it would hit the ground next to it. I had to reach in from far away to avoid getting struck. After a few minutes, it got tired, and I finally popped it in the head. My buddies and I looked inside its mouth and saw some white gland looking things, so we figured it must've been a water moccasin. We gutted it and found some fish, a frog and a bunch of bugs inside its belly. We chopped it up and used it as bait for catfish later that afternoon.

Anyway, I bet the sight of a big ball of slithering water moccasins must've been something. Good thing you at least got 4 of them!
    ARJ Defense ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Found one of the cats in the front yard, just off the driveway doing the "death dance" with a Western Diamondback.

Since we live within the City Limits, I called my neighbor who is a policeman.

He came right over, looked at the snake, and said to me "Shoot him."

I did, and we laid the dead snake on my driveway.

No one reported the shotgun blast to the authorities, and before dark, vultures had carried the snake's carcass off for a feast.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SNAKES!? HAH!!! i aint fraid of no snakes.

now, spiders........ :1zhelp:

giantspiders.jpg

I'm wondering how bad the situation is going to get with all the excessive rain in the southern states. There is flooding on a very large scale. This will bring out the water-dwelling critters in force but it also displaces the ground-dwelling critters as well. It can't be a good situation for anyone in those areas of flooding. :(

Top Bottom