Kimber madness, almost bought it...

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by GI-John, Sep 4, 2009.

1. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Have you ever came so close to purchasing pistol and all of sudden concluded that you would not? What stopped you?

Yesterday my brother and I finished cleaning out his garage and we did so earlier then we expected. He had his eye on the XD-9 Service Model for some time. We then went to Carters and he picked it up.

HOWEVER, I was drooling over the Kimber 1911's. The ULTRA CARRY 2. It was just laying their basking in in my desire. I asked to see it and I was so overwhelmed how it felt in my hand. The weight didnt bother me at all. I felt durability. I was extremely close to buying it, but right now I dont need to be buying anything cause I wont be using it for a long while. For a few minutes I was in the mind frame of "yup its coming home with me". It took so much restraint. Whaaaaaaaaa I want my 1911:banghead:

2. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Sounds like it wasn't meant to be, and you can always buy one another time. It's not like that was the last one to be had.

A while back, I had my eye on a Kimber Custom II at at gun show. But it was so crowded I couldn't get the sales guy's attention. After awhile I just left. Good thing, because in a couple of weeks, I came across a very gently used Springfield Loaded at a super prices, and it's been a great pistol.

3. Flight954

Flight954 Active Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Cypress, TX
    I had one and bought it on a whim. Be glad you didn't buy. It's not that great of a shooter IMHO

4. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I have a stainless UCII and I love it. It shoots like a champ. It actually shoots better than my 4" Kimbers.

5. pheet17

pheet17 Active Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    Ya, John I know that feeling. Happened to me this past weekend at the Fort Worth gun show. Except it was Black Rifle, with EOTech optics, chrome lined barrel, some other options. DAMN, it was hard to walk away from.:banghead::banghead: Glad I did ($$$$), but it just doesn't feel right.

6. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    :banger: Know just how you feel but I could not handle the pressure. Bought it...CDP Ultra II....just started a new Thread but can't figure out how to post pics yet.

7. F350-6

F350-6 Well-Known

May 25, 2009
    Too many friggin choices :1zhelp:and worrying there's a better option out there. Even Kimber offers how many different models? And that's without including any other manufacturers.

8. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Thats the same thing I was dwelling on! I spent an hour or two trying to decipher which model best suits me on their site. To many friggin models to choose!!!! :hammerhead:

9. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I did the same......wore the cover off my Kimber Catalog. Originally wanted the new SS Ultra Raptor but after handling one in Pro size I decided against it because of those cuts on top of the slide. I'm glad I got the CDP as I plan to use it as my main carry....retire the Glock 27. But.......if I win the Lotto anytime soon the SS Ultra Raptor will also have a home in my safe.:happy0001: Did I mention how pretty she is?

Attached Files:

10. mmay1

mmay1 New Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Handsome Ultra, okie556. I have the ProCDP II that is just a tad larger and looks like it will be a good shooter.