• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I have a pro carry II and needed a new recoil spring. I called wilson combat and they told me that I needed model 10sc20 #20 so I ordered 2 of them and recieved them today. I went to put it on and saw that it was longer than the stock kimber recoil spring (by about an inch) that was on the gun from the factory. Did I order the right spring, is it supposed to be longer? This is the spring that they told me was right for my gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    DK Firearms

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I had the same problem with my Springfield Ultra Compact V10. When I call Wilson they told me it needed to be compressed first. So, I put a pencil in a vice dropped a washer over it put the recoil spring on next put another washer on and compressed it fully. I do not remember exactly what I used to push it down, but you get the idea. When it rebounded it was the right length.

mmay1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Byaah 19, you have the right spring. The Kimber Pro series comes from the factory with the same spring as the Ultra and it does not hold up well. I order my replacement springs from Wolff and they are indeed longer than the original factory spring. The longer springs will fit and my 4" Kimbers run perfectly with them.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I went through the same deal with Wolfe. I called while I was trying to put it in and they assured me it was right. Finally I got someone who knew they needed to be compressed first. Have you got it to fit yet?

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Yea. Took me about ten minutes but I finally got it. After I left it on for a while I took it back off and it was about half an inch shorter already. Very hard to get on but I can deffinatly tell the difference.

Top Bottom