• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm sure it will be an entertaining evening, Kinky never fails to deliver!

Musician, author, politician, cigar aficionado and Texas iconoclast Kinky Friedman will appear here Friday, September 30th in a benefit for the local police department.

“An Evening With Kinky Friedman” will feature him speaking and performing at the Uptown Blanco Courtyard from 6 to 10:30 p.m. The event includes dinner and a performance.

Friedman, a seminal influence on the Austin music scene and the self-proclaimed “Mark Twain of Texas,” has authored more than 25 books. He sells his own brand of cigars. He's dabbled in politics, too, running for Kerr County justice of the peace in 1986 and for governor in 2006.

(Read more)
    Tickets, ranging from $15 for general admission to $500 for a corporate table seating eight, are available from the Blanco Chamber of Commerce or at the Uptown Blanco Restaurant.

Cheers! M2
    DK Firearms

Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    Saw him a few years ago - mix of BS-ing, reading passages from his books and of course playing his one of a kind songs. Very entertaining.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I got to talk with him for a couple of hours at a cigar bar in Stone Oak (north SA) one evening. He's a great conversationalist and signed a box of his cigars I bought as well as autographed his book for me. I tried taking a pic but the bar was so smokey that it didn't turn out too well, but he is a true Texas gentleman and I have always been a big fan.

The "Mark Twain of Texas" moniker is very appropriate, in my opinion!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom