• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They used to sell those at Woolworths for around $250. I bought one I picked out of a barrel full.

Just to show you how times have changed, I bought the rifle during lunch, carried it back to the office (in downtown Houston), then carried it home on the Park-n-Ride bus. I think I had a bag over the barrel end. This was back in the mid-'80's and nobody considered that to be unusual. Today, I'd be sent to Gitmo before I crossed two intersections.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Its a double edged sword...I want them, but have not been able to justify the cost. I want a M1 Carbine too. I had a nice one of those, but got such a good deal on it the it left my hands too.

I would love for them to come in as they would lowert the market price for the. However I know there are lots of people who bought them as investments, this would suck for them.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was highly pissed off with the “potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes” bullshit from a clueless buttmunch. But I, too, am keeping an eye on this situation and as soon as ANY M1 Garands from this appear on the market, I'm going to be all over it like white on rice. Ever since a coworker let me fire his Garand, I've been bitten by the "Garand bug."

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Yeah that's rediculous. It was probably something that was said in passing, "Korean war veterans will be able to hold the same rifle that kept them safe in the war" or some crap and everybody took it and ran. They are being sold to importers as C&R guns. All of this is already allowed under current federal regulations. There will be no restrictions on who buys them unless they pass a new law.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I had 2 ww2 carbines 1 was loaned to an employee who sold it for dope and my dad has a everything a family member owns belongs to him mentality so he took off with the other one.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The employee got his, I don't think he will ever get out of prison he got caught cooking meth in his bath tub and my dad well if it keeps him 1000 miles away he can keep it.

Top Bottom