• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Ordered this several weeks ago from Nepal. Just came in today. So far I'm impressed. The tip did somehow get a tiny bit messed up but no big deal there's enough meat on this blade one won't notice after I get it fixed.

The balance is right in the hand so even though it's heavy it's not taxing to swing it.

Khukuri House - 12" Survival Kukri (Alive)

20120810222133.jpg

20120810222253.jpg

20120810222211.jpg

20120810222224.jpg

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    If you like the Kukuri, you should see a couple guys from a Gurkha Regiment working with them. I had the great fortune to work with guys from the II C Curkha coy in Bosnia a number of years back. They, all were very proud and happy people but took their military traditions to heart. Watching them training was like watching an action film. These guys are deadly......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you like the Kukuri, you should see a couple guys from a Gurkha Regiment working with them. I had the great fortune to work with guys from the II C Curkha coy in Bosnia a number of years back. They, all were very proud and happy people but took their military traditions to heart. Watching them training was like watching an action film. These guys are deadly......

I've seen some videos on their basic knife training, but would love to see them really working.

I've also browsed a lot of their military citations. The guys are badass. Then again, when the British Empire can't conquer a country and winds up basically hiring it instead, you know you've got something good.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    NICE KNIFE!!!!!

The Kukuri is one of my all time favorite knives! I researched them completely and would like to share some things:

The Kukuri is never thrown. It is used as a chopping blade and the men who use them are deadly with them. EDIT...I read the information in the site included in the OP. It shows a "stabbing" strike but it actually looks like a slashing move with the tip of the knife. Anyone know?

The cut at the base of the blade is completely misunderstood. Some say that is a self cutter....if you draw it and fail to draw blood, you must cut yourself. I believed that for years. Actually that cut at the base is meant to serve as a dam to prevent blood from flowing down the blade to the handle after a strike.

The blades were traditionally made from auto springs. They are very thick and heavy. Each one is hand made so they are totally unique but for military blades, they fall within a specified range of size and shape. I have the certified blueprints for the military Kukuri.

The two small knives with the Kukuri...
    One is a sharpening tool and the other is a small utility knife.

There are several variations of the knife name...... Kukuri.

I wanted to order one from Nepal and wrote to them but they kept misunderstanding my question. Could you help, please? How do you pay for them? I've never ordered internationally before. Is it safe?

Thanks!

Flash

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    NICE KNIFE!!!!!

The Kukri is one of my all time favorite knives! I researched them completely and would like to share some things:

The Kukri is never thrown. It is used as a chopping blade and the men who use them are deadly with them.

The cut at the base of the blade is completely misunderstood. Some say that is a self cutter....if you draw it and fail to draw blood, you must cut yourself. I believed that for years. Actually that cut at the base is meant to serve as a dam to prevent blood from flowing down the blade to the handle after a strike.

The blades were traditionally made from auto springs. They are very thick and heavy. Each one is hand made so they are totally unique but for military blades, they fall within a specified range of size and shape. I have the certified blueprints for the military Kukri.

The two small knives with the Kukri...

I wanted to order one from Nepal and wrote to them but they kept misunderstanding my question. Could you help, please? How do you pay for them? I've never ordered internationally before. Is it safe?

Thanks!

Flash

Himalayan Imports is a good company.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    NICE KNIFE!!!!!

The Kukuri is one of my all time favorite knives! I researched them completely and would like to share some things:

The Kukuri is never thrown. It is used as a chopping blade and the men who use them are deadly with them. EDIT...I read the information in the site included in the OP. It shows a "stabbing" strike but it actually looks like a slashing move with the tip of the knife. Anyone know?

The blades were traditionally made from auto springs. They are very thick and heavy. Each one is hand made so they are totally unique but for military blades, they fall within a specified range of size and shape. I have the certified blueprints for the military Kukuri.

The two small knives with the Kukuri...

There are several variations of the knife name...... Kukuri.

Thanks!

Flash

Hit buy, it added it to my cart, checked out and entered my Credit card and address, waited a month and then it showed up at the door.

Find some reviews and double check you're dealing with someone reputable. I provided a link above to the place I picked up mine. 6 of us went in together on these so shipping and cost was less than if I ordered it alone.

Top Bottom