• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I couldn't justify buying one good holster for each of my latest pistol acquisitions. At $100 each, it would've replaced tools that I misplaced that allowed me to DIY. I found my tools, ordered the kydex, and spent the last two days bending, cutting, riveting, and sanding. I saw some eye catching rigs while holster shopping and decided to do a color laminated holster - essentially two thin layers of kydex to get the color contrast effect. I almost went black inside, red outside, but got talked into red inside, black outside.

X1drFQh.jpg

NoQaUVb.jpg

t7zmCeQ.jpg

gTJZ0IX.jpg

Starts off by blocking out all the dimples, divets, and making channels for levers and doo-dads plus adding whatever other molded-in features you desire. In this case, with the Walther - I wanted a molded in wedge at the muzzle end (this is an AIWB holster) plus a place to mount a DCC Monoblock clip, as well as an alternate mount point for a tuckable injection molded strut should I wind up hating the Monoblock clip in the future. In addition, I wanted to make sure there was room for my suppressor height sights, and room to mount belt hardware for other belt attachment options like bolting a snap strap onto the leading edge of the holster body in the area of the sight channel. This required a bit of extra clearance.

01XtdH7.jpg

kekpF3R.jpg

The PDP has a LOT that needs filled in. To fill in the slide serrations, I cut pieces from basswood to fit between the raised bits (since the serrations in a PDP are from metal that sticks out from the main body of the slide, rather than being cut into it) and because the serrations give the slide a weird top profile - I basically had to create a full length channel to keep the serrations from cheese-gratering away the inside of the slide, so I made it so the slide *does not* contact the holster body. That does make it a bit thicker, but the nature of the grasping bits on the slide kind of necessitates it. Otherwise every draw & holster is going to scrape kydex away, and could gunk up the internal workings with kydex bits. That'd be no bueno.

Made a hell of a cluttery mess on my kitchen table but after an hour (yes an hour) of blocking out the PDP, I cut and heated some kydex (using a plug in griddle, a first - I used to use a toaster oven, but from now on I'm using the griddle because it works so much better and gives more control over temperature) - then into the press...

mpglh4i.jpg

I wasn't happy with how some of the molding took - namely at the area ahead of the trigger guard. I used a heat gun to reheat the area and repressed it to get more stretch and bringing the kydex together. Important for retention.

oMz7CTa.jpg

Shampoo rinse and repeat the cut, heat, and molding for the outside layer.

Then I used a colored pencil to mark out the areas to cut, and used my HoboFreight scroll saw to cut it out, giving me a rough holster body:

oBzSTXC.jpg

PPPSJ9E.jpg

Drilled and riveted the two holes necessary to close up the holster body - where the Modwing claw mounts as well and gave that a test fit.

8oclOda.jpg

Also gave the DCC Monoblock a fit test

liHVO17.jpg

Overall, 85% satisfied with how it turned out. There were a few things that didn't go as planned - my wedge kind of crushed in at the very muzzle end - I used a rubber door stopper cut to the size I wanted, and filled in with dense neoprene foam for structure - it wasn't dense enough. The wedge still works, but not as well as it should.

I'm also not thrilled with the way the outer shell formed - there are a couple places that gaped just a bit. Its really hard to get the stuff to line up right if you're not using vaccuum forming - I"m using an old school homemade foam press, which more or less requires four hands, and I only have two.

I could've probably also made the slide channel a tad narrower and made the holster a bit thinner overall.

If I get the play money, I want to get one of the vaccuum formers HolsterSmith offers. That is just more of an expense than I want right now - unless I got into making holsters as a side business again - that's a lot of expense for something that won't get used often. It would open up avenues of shaping and forming kydex that a foam press sucks at though. I would also wind up getting resin molds of the guns I wanted to make holsters for as opposed to mocking up my pistols every time. Its a pain in the ass and I used probably $5 in bass wood, and $5 in tape between two pistols, plus I made a couple mag carriers as well.

Og5sasZ.jpg

I also wish I'd gotten tighter molding on the forward area of the trigger guard, it would've let me add a third hole closer to the trigger guard to bring the Modwing up more - right now it doesn't fully engage on my belt, only getting about half of it on. I've had a couple times, seated, where the modwing actually pops out from the belt and causes the gun to lurch forward. Not cool.

YizxWuL.jpg

11Jn4vP.jpg

The DCC clip is fucking awesome though. Its the *only* clip at this point I could recommend if you are going with a clip. It grabs the belt like a sex-crazed-retarded-midget covered in Velcro and super glue. I yanked on it, I tugged on it, I shook it, I rocked it - I have not yet beeen able to get that clip to pop free. Plastic "Foami" clips suck for retaining guns. Over hook plastic clips suck for retaining guns. Every other metal clip I've tried has sucked for retaining guns. This one works. I'd say it was worth the $13 - which happens to be about the same cost as a pair of good leather or nylon snap straps, which until now has been my preferred method of attaching an IWB holster.

TIyCNBW.mp4

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I needed a new ride for my new Sig P6 as well, so this morning I made a holster for it.

tffyrho.jpg

Same principle - block out the ejection port, make channels for the levers so they don't scrape & drag, build a sight channel. Easier on the older guns without rails and crazy sharp edges everywhere.

Into the press... this one is getting leather-look "raptor skin" kydex on the outside, plain black kydex on the inside. Did not double up and layer this stuff - its a two piece holster body, now "old skool" that's fallen out of fashion with most kydex shops.

CdZYplD.jpg

HLPFw1A.jpg

I cut each panel to rough shape before riveting together, then made finishing cuts and sanded the edges down to remove burs. Since its not a holster I'm selling, I left the edges in rough-sanded form, just knocking the sharp edges down, deburring, and a cursory finish with 220 grit sand paper.

THis is a fixed-retention holster, no need for adjustments, so to fix the retention I installed one eyelet forward of the trigger guard. Placement is for a reason - and I did mark for a second hole, for an alternate tuckable strut mount, but didn't drill the second hole just yet. Not sure if I ever will. This holster can be pushed into service as an IWB by replacing the injection molded OWB loops with snap straps.

pQIduyl.jpg

After test fitting the mounting hardware, I made the final adjustment to this holster, adding a 30 degree bend to the front edge of the holster. This is important because putting this single bend on the leading edge will help pull the butt of the gun into the body. If you bend the front and back edges, the holster is going to stand out from your body. Fine for open carry - but won't conceal nearly as well. Don't get too excited over my "tactical muffin top" now.

kEXbfNk.jpg

I made a convertible OWB / IWB mag carrier to go with this. Just did plain black kydex, since I'll wear it IWB most of the time, and didn't want to carve up my last bit of the "raptor skin" stuff just for mag carrier.

TDKshmT.jpg

CE8YGG0.jpg

This can go IWB or OWB - bullets facing forward or aft just by moving the Foami clip (I only trust these things for light duty, less essential items like magazine carriers and the like, not for firearms) from one side to the other. I did do a slight boo-boo here. I *should* have drilled the mounting holes for the clip as 7/32 holes - the outer diameter of the screw posts on the back side. Instead I had my 1/4 inch bit chucked up and was drilling before I forgot to account for the thinner posts. No biggie, once you crank down on the screws they won't go anywhere, but there is 1/32 inch of slop before you tighten them down. Oof.

I also made it long, and put in the bottom eyelet so I can use it as a pocket carrier. For my pocket carriers, I attach a length of paracord, which gets looped around the belt. When you draw the magazine out of the pocket, the paracord comes tight, the carrier pops off and dangles. The pocket carrier keeps lint and shit out of the magazine if carried in the pocket, and helps to keep it vertically oriented in the pocket as well. At some point I'm going to make a pocket carrier that fits a magazine and a flashlight, and just mold in a lip to push against for the draw. As convenient as it is to carry shit on the belt - which I got used to for 16 years as a tow monkey before moving here to Texas - I'm trying to be more discrete in carrying stuff here.

Before moving to Texas, I only ever had someone ask what a bulge under my shirt was once, and that was when my boss noticed the outline of a pistol under my shirt. I wasn't working at the time - I popped by on my day off to collect a paycheck. He knew I carried and knew roughly where, so he inquired.

Down here, even before CC went into effect - I had a neighbor ask "what's that under your shirt" - they saw my multi tool and flash light carrier on my left side. I wasn't armed at the time with anything more than a pocket knife. Given that signage has force of law here in TX, I want to be lower-key in my mode of carry most places.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Neat dude. Awesome post.

What did you do to your index finger? The bandaid has a story.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I needed a new ride for my new Sig P6 as well, so this morning I made a holster for it.

tffyrho.jpg

Same principle - block out the ejection port, make channels for the levers so they don't scrape & drag, build a sight channel. Easier on the older guns without rails and crazy sharp edges everywhere.

Into the press... this one is getting leather-look "raptor skin" kydex on the outside, plain black kydex on the inside. Did not double up and layer this stuff - its a two piece holster body, now "old skool" that's fallen out of fashion with most kydex shops.

CdZYplD.jpg

HLPFw1A.jpg

I cut each panel to rough shape before riveting together, then made finishing cuts and sanded the edges down to remove burs. Since its not a holster I'm selling, I left the edges in rough-sanded form, just knocking the sharp edges down, deburring, and a cursory finish with 220 grit sand paper.

THis is a fixed-retention holster, no need for adjustments, so to fix the retention I installed one eyelet forward of the trigger guard. Placement is for a reason - and I did mark for a second hole, for an alternate tuckable strut mount, but didn't drill the second hole just yet. Not sure if I ever will. This holster can be pushed into service as an IWB by replacing the injection molded OWB loops with snap straps.

pQIduyl.jpg

After test fitting the mounting hardware, I made the final adjustment to this holster, adding a 30 degree bend to the front edge of the holster. This is important because putting this single bend on the leading edge will help pull the butt of the gun into the body. If you bend the front and back edges, the holster is going to stand out from your body. Fine for open carry - but won't conceal nearly as well. Don't get too excited over my "tactical muffin top" now.

kEXbfNk.jpg

I made a convertible OWB / IWB mag carrier to go with this. Just did plain black kydex, since I'll wear it IWB most of the time, and didn't want to carve up my last bit of the "raptor skin" stuff just for mag carrier.

TDKshmT.jpg

CE8YGG0.jpg

This can go IWB or OWB - bullets facing forward or aft just by moving the Foami clip (I only trust these things for light duty, less essential items like magazine carriers and the like, not for firearms) from one side to the other. I did do a slight boo-boo here. I *should* have drilled the mounting holes for the clip as 7/32 holes - the outer diameter of the screw posts on the back side. Instead I had my 1/4 inch bit chucked up and was drilling before I forgot to account for the thinner posts. No biggie, once you crank down on the screws they won't go anywhere, but there is 1/32 inch of slop before you tighten them down. Oof.

I also made it long, and put in the bottom eyelet so I can use it as a pocket carrier. For my pocket carriers, I attach a length of paracord, which gets looped around the belt. When you draw the magazine out of the pocket, the paracord comes tight, the carrier pops off and dangles. The pocket carrier keeps lint and shit out of the magazine if carried in the pocket, and helps to keep it vertically oriented in the pocket as well. At some point I'm going to make a pocket carrier that fits a magazine and a flashlight, and just mold in a lip to push against for the draw. As convenient as it is to carry shit on the belt - which I got used to for 16 years as a tow monkey before moving here to Texas - I'm trying to be more discrete in carrying stuff here.

Before moving to Texas, I only ever had someone ask what a bulge under my shirt was once, and that was when my boss noticed the outline of a pistol under my shirt. I wasn't working at the time - I popped by on my day off to collect a paycheck. He knew I carried and knew roughly where, so he inquired.

Down here, even before CC went into effect - I had a neighbor ask "what's that under your shirt" - they saw my multi tool and flash light carrier on my left side. I wasn't armed at the time with anything more than a pocket knife. Given that signage has force of law here in TX, I want to be lower-key in my mode of carry most places.
    Once you start you buy more guns so you can make more holsters.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I wanted to throw on a quick update

I usually carry at the 2-2:30 position - where my flabby belly has a pocket where my hip comes together with it.

I decided to try my new Walther rig in the actual 1 o'clock position where most AIWB goes, and I threw in a mag carrier at 11:30 to boot - and its actually a lot more comfortable than any other holster I've tried in that position. I don't know if its the shape, or the monoblock clip and the modwing - but its way more comfortable than my M&P holster in the same spot.

woCLUbW.jpg

WRPA7Qp.jpg

NNtZrVI.jpg

H6r8CNq.jpg

Yes, I changed shirts. Got sanding smootz on the other one.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    @Sasquatch there are some really good videos on YouTube on molding Kydex for sheaths and holsters.

I know - that's how I got my start bending kydex about 14+ years ago. I just need more modern stuff to create better molded holsters. The things we know today about certain methods of carry, plus some of the components simply weren't there back then. There may have been a handful of dudes in secret making certain mods or building rigs a certain way, but not to the level you see today.

Vacuum forming the kydex gets you definition you can't get from a foam press, especially if doing "taco" or fold over one-piece holster bodies. If you use a split mold - that is half the gun on one side, half on the other, in a vacuum former you can get stupid good definition, and that's how a lot of modern kydex rigs are made.

Other companies have done the injection molded path, and there is some merit to those - but typically the kydex is more rigid plastic than you find on the injection molded stuff. Its an ABS type plastic, as opposed to the nylon type plastics you find in most of the injection molded stuff today.

Phlster holsters - originally from Philladelphia, now somewhere in Minnesota - used to put out in depth how-to on kydex craft - making holster smiths out of a lot of us. And he kept up with the advancements and shared lessons learned with the masses - then Phlster really took off and Jon - the founder - doesn't have time to keep cranking out DIY stuff, and they do very little custom work, and they're so busy he's farmed out some manufacturing to near by holster companies under his tight QC requirements and scaled back the models of guns he makes stuff for from dozens, to about 4 - the Glock standard frame guns, the baby Glocks (43/48), P365, and the Walther PDP 5 inch. Maybe they do P320 stuff too - but that's it.

Jon holds classes for people on carry concepts and how to fit and make your holsters work better - I don't think he invented the concept, but he helped spread the concept of the wedge on an IWB (specifically, AIWB) holster to aid in comfort and concealment. We used to use foam wedges - some makers still do - but now most holsters you can buy will have a molded in wedge (Phlster, Tenicor, Henry, to name a few), or a hard rubber attachment (Raven) instead of a velcro attached foam wedge.

Jon from Phlster teaches a concept that I learned early on in my attempts with AIWB - while everyone was obsessed with baby guns like the Shield, the Kahr PM9, and the KelTecs - I never found them good guns for carry IWB or AIWB - there's not enough ass down below to offset the mass in the grip. That's why I like 4 inch guns - its the sweet spot of compactness, concealability, and having enough muzzle to offset the natural want of the grip to tilt away from you. A Shield, a Kahr, a KelTec, or a Bodyguard may be great in a Thunderwear holster for deep concealment - but I don't like 'em for belt guns, especially IWB. I've had the short-nose guns flip out of my belt far too much from just sitting and leaning forward. I could offset that some if I carried them deeper, but I *hate* smashing my knuckles on my belt when trying to grip the gun. I want to be able to get a full firing grip on the gun, one handed, without having to use my leg or off hand to push the muzzle up just to get my hand around it.

My old, original holsters were functional - they worked, I carried daily in them. THey were hand-formed - not using a press, and the kydex was heated on my bench using a heat gun or hair dryer (I may or may not have burned out my newly-wedded bride's hair dryer on my first attempt to make a kydex holster) - they were simliar in the end to many of the kydex holsters you might encounter - the belt loops were molded in - I'd cut a section down from the overly-large sweat guard, and fold it over a thick paint stir-stick to create the loop that had to be threaded on your belt. 15 degree forward cant for 4 o'clock carry. I was afraid of trigger guard retention back in those days (gasp - something entering the trigger guard!) so I opted for ejection-port retention ala the Safariland 070 that I carried on duty as a security monkey. This necessitated the gun be rocked backward on the draw to clear the molded in "lock", because attempting to draw straight out would prove fruitless. It worked well on the Safariland duty rig, and it worked well to retain the gun on my early holster attempts. I also didn't rivet them back in the day - I just screwed them together with chicago screws. I used 0.125" thick kydex back then too - a full 1/8 inch thick sheet.

Even with heavy leather gloves I'd burn my fingers on the kydex.

The stuff I'm making these days is leaps and bounds better - and if I come to dropping a grand on an appropriate vacuum former I could crank out some sweet stuff I'm sure. Hell - using the scroll saw is a huge improvement on cutting the bodies to shape - I used to hand-cut all of the bodies with a dremel, and buy cut-off wheels like they were candy.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I know - that's how I got my start bending kydex about 14+ years ago. I just need more modern stuff to create better molded holsters. The things we know today about certain methods of carry, plus some of the components simply weren't there back then. There may have been a handful of dudes in secret making certain mods or building rigs a certain way, but not to the level you see today.

Vacuum forming the kydex gets you definition you can't get from a foam press, especially if doing "taco" or fold over one-piece holster bodies. If you use a split mold - that is half the gun on one side, half on the other, in a vacuum former you can get stupid good definition, and that's how a lot of modern kydex rigs are made.

Other companies have done the injection molded path, and there is some merit to those - but typically the kydex is more rigid plastic than you find on the injection molded stuff. Its an ABS type plastic, as opposed to the nylon type plastics you find in most of the injection molded stuff today.

Phlster holsters - originally from Philladelphia, now somewhere in Minnesota - used to put out in depth how-to on kydex craft - making holster smiths out of a lot of us. And he kept up with the advancements and shared lessons learned with the masses - then Phlster really took off and Jon - the founder - doesn't have time to keep cranking out DIY stuff, and they do very little custom work, and they're so busy he's farmed out some manufacturing to near by holster companies under his tight QC requirements and scaled back the models of guns he makes stuff for from dozens, to about 4 - the Glock standard frame guns, the baby Glocks (43/48), P365, and the Walther PDP 5 inch. Maybe they do P320 stuff too - but that's it.

Jon holds classes for people on carry concepts and how to fit and make your holsters work better - I don't think he invented the concept, but he helped spread the concept of the wedge on an IWB (specifically, AIWB) holster to aid in comfort and concealment. We used to use foam wedges - some makers still do - but now most holsters you can buy will have a molded in wedge (Phlster, Tenicor, Henry, to name a few), or a hard rubber attachment (Raven) instead of a velcro attached foam wedge.

Jon from Phlster teaches a concept that I learned early on in my attempts with AIWB - while everyone was obsessed with baby guns like the Shield, the Kahr PM9, and the KelTecs - I never found them good guns for carry IWB or AIWB - there's not enough ass down below to offset the mass in the grip. That's why I like 4 inch guns - its the sweet spot of compactness, concealability, and having enough muzzle to offset the natural want of the grip to tilt away from you. A Shield, a Kahr, a KelTec, or a Bodyguard may be great in a Thunderwear holster for deep concealment - but I don't like 'em for belt guns, especially IWB. I've had the short-nose guns flip out of my belt far too much from just sitting and leaning forward. I could offset that some if I carried them deeper, but I *hate* smashing my knuckles on my belt when trying to grip the gun. I want to be able to get a full firing grip on the gun, one handed, without having to use my leg or off hand to push the muzzle up just to get my hand around it.

My old, original holsters were functional - they worked, I carried daily in them. THey were hand-formed - not using a press, and the kydex was heated on my bench using a heat gun or hair dryer (I may or may not have burned out my newly-wedded bride's hair dryer on my first attempt to make a kydex holster) - they were simliar in the end to many of the kydex holsters you might encounter - the belt loops were molded in - I'd cut a section down from the overly-large sweat guard, and fold it over a thick paint stir-stick to create the loop that had to be threaded on your belt. 15 degree forward cant for 4 o'clock carry. I was afraid of trigger guard retention back in those days (gasp - something entering the trigger guard!) so I opted for ejection-port retention ala the Safariland 070 that I carried on duty as a security monkey. This necessitated the gun be rocked backward on the draw to clear the molded in "lock", because attempting to draw straight out would prove fruitless. It worked well on the Safariland duty rig, and it worked well to retain the gun on my early holster attempts. I also didn't rivet them back in the day - I just screwed them together with chicago screws. I used 0.125" thick kydex back then too - a full 1/8 inch thick sheet.

Even with heavy leather gloves I'd burn my fingers on the kydex.

The stuff I'm making these days is leaps and bounds better - and if I come to dropping a grand on an appropriate vacuum former I could crank out some sweet stuff I'm sure. Hell - using the scroll saw is a huge improvement on cutting the bodies to shape - I used to hand-cut all of the bodies with a dremel, and buy cut-off wheels like they were candy.
    Didn't realize you had been making holsters for awhile.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I found some pix of my older kydex projects and guns I don't have anymore

This was an experiment with lining the outside with microsuede fabric for comfort. It did help a bit, and the fabric makes the holster "stickier" - it stays in place without moving around as much. I was also playing with spacing with the mounting struts - seeing if it was more comfortable/concealable running the struts further apart vs my more typical holster style at that time

jsKdziF.jpg

Here's what my typical holster style of that period looked like:

Hsrfiks.jpg

wlOCfWJ.jpg
    kxm4WUP.jpg

ICm2aKH.jpg

Forgive the mismatched hardware - I ran out of matching screws at one point.

Here's another similar holster, this one with tighter spacing on the struts, also to see if this makes the holster more concealable/comfortable. This one was for full frame Glock 9's. The rivet standing off the holster body was there to mount a snap strap to, instead of the forward tuckable strut. Until I moved here to Texas, 90% of the time I carried, I was wearing a tucked in shirt, but I would occasionally play with non-tuckable setups and just wear a button down or polo over the gun.

qtp4c6E.jpg

BywIFnz.jpg

This last one shows the holster I wore right up till I moved to Texas - I gave this holster to one of my former employees, as he also carried an M&P 9 gen 1 full size. I loved this holster. I molded in a "claw" type bump on the trigger guard to serve a similar purpose as the Modwing or RCS Claw - the belt rode over the bump and pushed the butt of the gun in.

I had perfected the spacing on the struts to my body shape/type (which, conveniently for my old employee, he is about my same size & shape) - it was all-day comfortable. I used a foam wedge attached to the back of this one with double sided 3M tape - the stuff they sell to hang stuff on your walls with - to kick the muzzle out a bit and further push the butt of the gun inward.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I found some pix of some of my very early stuff... pretty cringe now, but did work back then. This is an OWB holster I made to pack around my Glock 17 with a first edition TLR-1 light right after that light was released. All one uniform piece of 1/8th inch thick Kydex, heated and formed by hand. IIRC, I used a wooden dowel that was cut in half, sanded and shaped with a dremel and taped around the trigger guard to create the light channel. Again - no rivets on this, just Chicago screws.

Camo Kydex 001.jpg

Camo Kydex 004.jpg

We all have to start somewhere when just beginning. As ugly and cringey as this is - I'll still take something like this over a cheap nylon holster any day!

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    One of my very first ever holsters. This was IIRC made from 0.080" kydex. Two randomly placed chicago screws with Ace hardware cheap washers. I messed up on this one and let the trigger get semi-exposed. The J-hook formed in did a passable but not good job of keeping things secured. The J-hook started to crack after about six months of carry - I was a tow monkey when I made this, so constantly rolling over the holster crawling under a car didn't help.

This was back when I was afraid to mold into the trigger guard for retention too, so you can see the early ejection port lock attempt at retention here.

Glock and Kydex (1).jpg

Glock and Kydex (4).jpg

This mag carrier design, I actually am kinda proud of. Others have made stuff very simliar, I think we all kinda figured it out. I actually carried spares in this design for years - because they're relatively easy to make, and you can make them very huggy. If I were to update the design, I'd use a foami clip or tek-lok as a backer, instead of forming in a loop on the back.

Glock and Kydex (8).jpg

Glock and Kydex (11).jpg

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This is how that janky original holster carried. Very tight to the body (forgive my flabby sides!) - it did conceal pretty well, all things considered. Would not recommend it today, for sure! I also don't carry without a shirt between my gun and my skin.

Glock and Kydex (23).jpg

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Glock with 33 rounder 009.jpg

I realized pretty early on that a design like this with the J-hook tended to shift around too much, so I sought to stabilize the system. Since the gun got pushed forward a lot by my seat (carrying at 4 o'clock) I added a trailing hook to catch the belt, and molded it tighter so when I slipped it onto the belt, it held firmly. Similar to how the Raven Concealment or Modwing claws work - this also happened to work to pull the butt of the gun into the body, making it conceal better as well.

Top Bottom