• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should all Kyle Rittenhouse content be consolidated into a single thread?

• Put 'em all together.

Votes: 32 65.3%
    • Leave 'em as they are.

Votes: 17 34.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We have multiple threads about Kyle Rittenhouse. There's the main thread about the court proceedings, the meme thread, the thread discussing his media appearances, and probably more that I haven't seen.

It's one subject but spread out all over the place.

Back when Beto was running for whatever he was running for, we had at least a dozen threads on him and I merged them all into one consolidated thread so that all the Beto talk would be in one place and that place would be easy to find since it would stay at the top of pretty much whatever software you're using to read the forum. For Beto, that worked out pretty well.

Should I do the same for all the Kyle Rittenhouse threads?

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    We have multiple threads about Kyle Rittenhouse. There's the main thread about the court proceedings, the meme thread, the thread discussing his media appearances, and probably more that I haven't seen.

It's one subject but spread out all over the place.

Back when Beto was running for whatever he was running for, we had at least a dozen threads on him and I merged them all into one consolidated thread so that all the Beto talk would be in one place and that place would be easy to find since it would stay at the top of pretty much whatever software you're using to read the forum. For Beto, that worked out pretty well.

Should I do the same for all the Kyle Rittenhouse threads?
    You da boss!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    As Kyle's Uncle would say........

1637677568155.png

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, if you want any new information to be lost forever, and to have the subject disappear faster put them in one thread.

let it play out and fade organically and leave the multiple threads in tact. Will only be an issue for a few more days

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Trial is over with, and the verdict has been set down. Merge them.

IF any new news were to come about Rittenhouse, a person could always, (and probably will.) start a new thread, that it too could be merged at a later date.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Trial is over with, and the verdict has been set down. Merge them.

IF any new news were to come about Rittenhouse, a person could always, (and probably will.) start a new thread, that it too could be merged at a later date.
    Just remember that “majority rule” is not always the best way to decide something.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just remember that “majority rule” is not always the best way to decide something.
    I don't totally disagree with that. I just think with this topic that since the trial is over with, there really isn't going to be a lot of new information generated.

If Rittenhouse decides to file lawsuits for defamation of character about himself because of the trial, yes that would be new information and stories, and IMO would be worthy of their own threads. Pretty much the same with any riots that are breaking out because of the verdict.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, in other words, any new news on Rittenhouse deserves a new thread?
    Absolutely. Putting anything in a mega thread is the same as nuking it from orbit. If it is something that could have a bearing on life in United States for non communists it deserves a chance to be reviewed by as many folks as possible. Not buried

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Maybe revise the thread titles so what’s being discussed isn’t duplicated in multiple threads?

E.g meme thread, one for discussing the verdict, one for discussing what happened that fateful evening, one for the MSM going off the deep end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom