• 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Do a search on 'women's thigh holsters', there are plenty to choose from.
    From women's perspective.
    Guns International

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    A glock 19 is way too big for most people xcept large men.

Why did you not have her carry a Glock 43 or a sub compact 9mm? At the very least a sub compact 380. Much smaller.
    Because I don't have one, she's scaled larger than most women, and she said she was okay with carrying the 19 yesterday and several times before.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    So my wife needs to carry at work. She needed to any way, but a specific incident got her to actually do it. We went to a gun store and fingered a Glock 34. She said it was way too big so we decided she'd carry my glock 19 and I'd get the 34. Well, the next day, she's complaining about how she has to get something else because it's too big and heavy and she can only wear two outfits with it, and it's way too hot. I managed to hold my tongue about the comparison of office clothes for men. Yeah I'm annoyed. I wanted a Glock 34 any way, but I'd rather have spent that money on something we actually need now, like one she'll carry.

I got her a belly band holster because it wasn't expensive and it would work for now. But she says it's too bulky (meaning with the handgun, I suppose) and too visible. She didn't appreciate my showing her OWB holsters as an alternative.

She wants a thigh holster so she can wear dresses. She likes wearing a belt with dresses (which I still don't get, but that's the fashion, so I just accept it), but isn't interested in OWB or OC. She doesn't seem to think that it would take too long to draw. I'm hoping I can arrange a situation where she will be suitably impressed otherwise (a training situation with dummy guns - I'm not completely stupid).

She also wants something much smaller. I'm not especially keen on single stack guns or peashooters. I have a keltec pf9 I need to dig out, but I'm not sure that would be as effective as I'd like. On the other hand, any gun she carries is better than the perfect gun that she doesn't carry.

Can anyone recommend a decent thigh holster for a woman? Or any advice for the situation in general?
    There is a gal that booths the Will Rodgers show with a whole line of gun toting attire for women, garter style with slit skirt access and other well thought out options.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd highly recommend checking out the PHLster Enigma. It's very well-regarded and seems to be one of the more flexible carry options for use cases like this. For more detail:
    The thing that stands out to me about that option is, it looks like an actual serious product that clearly has a lot of thought put into it. Frankly, a lot of other products in this particular niche look more like they were intended to check the box of, "Yep, it's a holster", without really taking into account the day to day of people having to actually live with and use the thing.

P1144464-1100x825.jpg
    NTS_4433.jpg

Pics courtesy of PHLster

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'd highly recommend checking out the PHLster Enigma. It's very well-regarded and seems to be one of the more flexible carry options for use cases like this. For more detail:
    The thing that stands out to me about that option is, it looks like an actual serious product that clearly has a lot of thought put into it. Frankly, a lot of other products in this particular niche look more like they were intended to check the box of, "Yep, it's a holster", without really taking into account the day to day of people having to actually live with and use the thing.

P1144464-1100x825.jpg
    NTS_4433.jpg

Pics courtesy of PHLster

I was going to suggest exactly this. There are some good thigh holsters too - when I was getting my wife comfortable with the idea of carrying - she started following a bunch of gun-girls on YouTube, a bunch of whom kinda drifted into obscurity, but there are some still going strong. A gal with a channel called Armed and Styled is repping for Phlster now - she has a bunch of carry vids for ladies. Its a good starting point:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    So my wife needs to carry at work. She needed to any way, but a specific incident got her to actually do it. We went to a gun store and fingered a Glock 34. She said it was way too big so we decided she'd carry my glock 19 and I'd get the 34. Well, the next day, she's complaining about how she has to get something else because it's too big and heavy and she can only wear two outfits with it, and it's way too hot. I managed to hold my tongue about the comparison of office clothes for men. Yeah I'm annoyed. I wanted a Glock 34 any way, but I'd rather have spent that money on something we actually need now, like one she'll carry.

I got her a belly band holster because it wasn't expensive and it would work for now. But she says it's too bulky (meaning with the handgun, I suppose) and too visible. She didn't appreciate my showing her OWB holsters as an alternative.

She wants a thigh holster so she can wear dresses. She likes wearing a belt with dresses (which I still don't get, but that's the fashion, so I just accept it), but isn't interested in OWB or OC. She doesn't seem to think that it would take too long to draw. I'm hoping I can arrange a situation where she will be suitably impressed otherwise (a training situation with dummy guns - I'm not completely stupid).

She also wants something much smaller. I'm not especially keen on single stack guns or peashooters. I have a keltec pf9 I need to dig out, but I'm not sure that would be as effective as I'd like. On the other hand, any gun she carries is better than the perfect gun that she doesn't carry.

Can anyone recommend a decent thigh holster for a woman? Or any advice for the situation in general?
    A different holster will only do so much for a large pistol, no matter where it is worn.

My EDC is a Glock 43. I used to carry my G17 or my G26, but my G43 is so much easier to wear and conceal, even with a OWB that my G17 gets used only sometimes.

The G43 with a trigger cover will drop into a pocket.

New pistol or not, consider a shoulder holster. Hip and waist angles can make CC awkward for some women.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom