• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Don't know the background of this person shot, but if he was down on the carpet could not the police officers have approached and cuffed him? By the way, the officer was talking, it seems that he felt this guy was a real threat? The body cam seems puzzling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I said STAND ON YOUR HEAD AND STACK BBs dammit.

I sure hope that guy had a gun, for the cop's sake.

Anyway, I count 4 shots.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    This is the cop that kill a guy begging for his life and was fired two months later for being a douche.

His 'perfect' shots murdered an unarmed person. Using a rifle with "You're Fucked" on the dust cover. Which wasn't allowed as evidence in his trial.

Indeed a 'perfect' shot.....rot in hell, homie.

Wedge1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    Y’all need to read Graham vs O’Connor from 1989. Supreme Court ruled the court must view the situation through the eyes if the officer at the scene and NOT through what Monday morning quarterbacking info you have now.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This is the cop that kill a guy begging for his life and was fired two months later for being a douche.

His 'perfect' shots murdered an unarmed person. Using a rifle with "You're Fucked" on the dust cover. Which wasn't allowed as evidence in his trial.

Indeed a 'perfect' shot.....rot in hell, homie.
    Deadly force is only justified against armed persons? And an officer must be clairvoyant in regards to That?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The guy had reached to the small if his back several times before this part of the video begins. It had been reported that he had a gun, which is why the police were there.

The officer told the guy specifically not to reach for his back, and told him several times.

100% agree, but seeing it go down, holy shit...

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I’m a significantly disabled old man now but I’m CLEET Certified and spent three years serving my community as a Reserve Deputy back thirty years ago as well as a former Marine. This was nothing less than a murder documented on video. The murderer first tortured the victim using threats of violence to control him, deliberately confused him, then killed him. There was never a threat presented to the murderer, no visible weapon, no motion presenting a threat with a visible weapon. There were other officers on the scene. A child could easily have cuffed the victim under cover at gunpoint. If I was another responding Officer on the scene in plain view of this atrocity, I would have placed at least two bullets in the back of the murder’s head before the echoes of his shots faded and he shot the victim again, or turned his weapon on anyone else, so help me God!

GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    I read more about this. Someone saw through a window from outside what was a weapon (air rifle with a scope for pest control). The police are called. What I don't understand is why and how do these situations get escalated? Can't someone from the front desk take a look at who the person was that checked into the room (guy here on business)? Could not someone called the room and asked is everything OK? Or asked the question, "Do you have weapon in your room? Or made further inquiry before the police were allowed to treat this as some sort of serious situation?

Crap, the police could have had him exit the room in his underwear and then have him turn around etc... and then had him detained while another officer inspected the room.

The whole situation stinks and gives LEO and legal gun owners a back-eye. Too me, from what I saw and have read the LEO did not exercise any prudence at all and neither did the hotel management. Seriously, there could not have been a better way? And what about his partner? Did he not have a say in this encounter?

Crumbly LEO training if you ask me. Smacks of paranoia and perhaps an overzealous LEO by what was engraved on his AR. Speaks to an attitude.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The guy had reached to the small if his back several times before this part of the video begins. It had been reported that he had a gun, which is why the police were there.

The officer told the guy specifically not to reach for his back, and told him several times.

Thanks for adding this information.

I find it strange that in so many cases we complain that groups like BLM ignore the intirety of the situation but here we have a guy who keeps reaching behind his back after being told not to, and it's murder, even claims that someone might shoot the cop if working with him.

There seems to be absolutely no reason for the guy to have been reaching behind his back. I wonder if a LTC holder had been dealing with an intruder and told them to not move, and said intruder reached behind his back, how many warnings would the LTC holders on this forum give before firing.

I recall a recent thread where simply putting a hand in a pocket was justification for deadly force according to one member. Don't recall anyone making claims they would have shot the LTC holder had they witnessed it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    What I don't get is that the officer had several minutes to change the situation - and he obviously had back up. I do get the warnings though, and after looking at other reports, he had been drinking - I guess when a cop asks you if you're drunk, you'd better tell him - if you're in a good enough state of mind to. Seems like a majorly escalated situation to me.

And YG - If the "intruder" identified himself as a police officer, I don't think a lot of LTC carriers would be trying to get in a shot. Admittedly, a bad guy could be parading as an officer though.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Suspect had been warned not to reach back. He did reach back. Don't think I could convict the officer if on the jury.

To George's point above, perhaps a little better management of the situation early on (e.g., once he was on the ground earlier, approach, stand guard and let partner cuff him) could have (and should have) prevented the shooting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What I don't get is that the officer had several minutes to change the situation - and he obviously had back up. I do get the warnings though, and after looking at other reports, he had been drinking - I guess when a cop asks you if you're drunk, you'd better tell him - if you're in a good enough state of mind to. Seems like a majorly escalated situation to me.

And YG - If the "intruder" identified himself as a police officer, I don't think a lot of LTC carriers would be trying to get in a shot. Admittedly, a bad guy could be parading as an officer though.

Oh, I didn't mean an intruder identifying as a cop. Just an intruder who was told to not move and who then proceeded to reach behind his back.

Situation sucks all around though.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Suspect had been warned not to reach back. He did reach back. Don't think I could convict the officer if on the jury.

To George's point above, perhaps a little better management of the situation early on (e.g., once he was on the ground earlier, approach, stand guard and let partner cuff him) could have (and should have) prevented the shooting.

I watched this video repeatedly. I would most certainly convict the killer. Anyone whose judgement supports the actions of the shooter should not even be allowed near a museum with weapons, much less be in the immediate control of any firearms.
    Semper Fi

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom