• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally had a chance to fire it Tuesday at All American. Very impressive and thanks to the bore-sighting done by AA, was on paper with the first shot....7 o'clock, 2" low at 300 yards. My grandson and I put about 13 rounds through it and I now consider the safe-queen a virgin no longer.

Recoil was remarkably light although the muzzle blast and resulting concussion was awe inspiring. My gf was photographing the event. She had a small camera videoing the event set up one bench away but the muzzle blast kept the nearby benches swept clean!

The attachment shows the LAR, CZ550 .458 Lott, and Rem 700 .338 Win Mag. Also, to my amazement, AA has some very good prices on ammo....I bought two boxes of Hornady 500 gr. Lott ammo while there since it was $20 per box cheaper than Midway and no shipping charges. AA has a tremendous selection of ammo.
    Military Camp

Attachments

• big rifles 1..jpg
      big rifles 1..jpg
      5.1 KB · Views: 137

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I'm jealous as well.

About a month ago I was out at Clear Creek gun range in League City and there was a gentleman there with one. He invited me to send a round down range, and yeah, I agree, the recoil is almost non existant, yet the concusion rattled my sinus cavity making me think I had bloodied my nose. :)

Truly an amazing piece of technology.

Now, to find someone with one of those 20mm sniper rifles I've been reading about. ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    People see the .50 BMG and the rifles and think they have monsterous recoil, but in reality they kick no harder than a .308 with just more push.

It's the noise and muzzle blast that get your attention.

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually the recoil is on par with a heavy 12 gauge....at least in the LAR. Not unpleasant but we took, optimistically, 40 rounds and only fired 13. The muzzle blast/concussion is horrific and it kept clearing the nearby benches of scope covers, camera (once), and assorted goodies.

I like the Lahti 39 20mm but the acquisition price and corresponding ammo costs may not be in the cards right now. I chose the LAR since it is one of the few that will fit comfortably in the safe and they are supposed to be ultra accurate. Accuracy was good for the few shots we took but we couldn't shoot enough to get it centered....all shots were left of the bull by 4" and that gives us another opportunity to try again. If anyone is interested, the LAR has a full 36" barrel and weighs right at 32 lbs with scope mounted, naturally, it's a bullpup design.

Attachments

• LAR .50 Shot..jpg
      LAR .50 Shot..jpg
      39.3 KB · Views: 153
    • LAR .50 Larry..jpg
      LAR .50 Larry..jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 187
    • LAR .50 Brian..jpg
      LAR .50 Brian..jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 161
    • AA 300 yrd Range..jpg
      AA 300 yrd Range..jpg