• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huntr12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Dallas
    I recently purchased a Larue 11" free float handrail. After installing it I have decided to make a change. I have yet to shoot it however can these be cut down to 9" so that I can use a fixed fsb. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith that can do it if this is possible.
    Gun Zone Deals

lilricky2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    S.E. Houston
    You shouldn't have a hard time finding someone. I do them here in Houston all the time. Seems like everyone wants a custom length. I get the owner to mark it where he wants it cut. Level and cut in the mill, deburr with a file, and I degrease, coat and bake the exposed aluminum with Gunkote. Not difficult but setup to cut and coating require a little time.

Rick

lilricky2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    S.E. Houston
    I am completely snowed under this week and the first of next week with coating work. If you want to PM me we can work out a time or get together on the phone. I will be spraying alot of black over the next couple of weeks so maybe I can cut it and get it in the spray booth with another job. I am pretty reasonable as well, but I am located south of Houston. I don't know if that's a problem.

Rick

Top Bottom