• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Any info on the type of laser and equipment? So many solid state lasers are now capable of this type of engraving.
    My guess is around a 50 watt, but you can get good success on multiple passes as well.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The muzzle brake on the ani-tank gun needs to be re-parkerized, so I bead blasted it and did a little engraving before parkerization............

20231204_233749[1].jpg

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    So, I have an old AMT Hardballer, that the factory logo is just a mild etch on the slide.
    It's getting pretty light with 30 years that I've been carrying it.
    Ask the laser engraver guy that sets up at the Alzafar show if he could scan it, and redo it with his laser.
    Said no, because he doesn't have an FFL...
    Glad I found out that he was a dumb ass.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A friend let me engrave his tricked out CZ 457 chassis today. Wanted to celebrate his Nordic roots.....

So....................

The Nordic mythoolgy wolf

Fenrir​

20240207_152900.jpg

The tree of life from Nordic Mythology....(an Ash tree)

Yggdrasil​

20240207_152911.jpg

Thor's Hammer

Mjölnir​

20240207_152920.jpg

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    @V-Tach
    Beautiful work!!

I'm still at the entry level - doing shades of brown and grey on pmags. Any interest in giving classes or sharing lessons learned?

LOL........I'm still learning too....thankfully my friends let me practice on their guns.......I do test everything on scrap before actually doing it to a gun...

Artwork is done using Adobe Illustrator, others can be used that are less $$$ to use....

Early on I followed Alex with Laser Everything on YT which gave me access to their parameters library. Just that was worth the price of membership alone. His videos are very useful........

EZCAD worked.....but Lightburn has been worth the money.........

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I do test everything on scrap before actually doing it to a gun...

Artwork is done using Adobe Illustrator, others can be used that are less $$$ to use....

Early on I followed Alex with Laser Everything on YT which gave me access to their parameters library. Just that was worth the price of membership alone. His videos are very useful........

I'm using Lightburn also. I've been going through Laser Everything's free content, but haven't paid yet. Since you're saying it's worth it, I'll remedy that.

I've used some of their settings on slate and pmags which got me close but required some tweaking. Still trying to find the pattern on power v. freq v pulse though.... I've had good luck with annealing on SS sheets, but need to get some thick scraps to practice that and engraving on.

Thanks for sharing your work - it's beautiful.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Aw hell. I'm going to have to take a look at my stuff. I may have you put my family's kamon on a couple firearms.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    LOL........I'm still learning too....thankfully my friends let me practice on their guns.......I do test everything on scrap before actually doing it to a gun...

I may have one for you to work on. I bought a pistols that are exclusives, but not limited additions. It’s on his way to a barbecue gun, but it needs a little bit more flash. What part of Texas are you in? I’m in Northeast Houston.

Top Bottom