LaserMax Question

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Of course. Makes perfect sense to put something into your firearm that might fail, or even fall apart, rendering your firearm useless, maybe even at a critical time when your life or your loved ones might be at risk.

Seems intelligent to me.
When your eyesight begins to fail to the point you are unable to focus on both target and iron sights - your point of view may change as well.

Axxe55

Just a man, and his dogs.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I am simply stating my own personal experiences, observations and opinions. For me, I find they are just an expensive gimmick I don't need, nor do I want. I have found alternatives to a laser that I prefer for my own personal use that I think are better choices.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I am simply stating my own personal experiences, observations and opinions. For me, I find they are just an expensive gimmick I don't need, nor do I want. I have found alternatives to a laser that I prefer for my own personal use that I think are better choices.
Care to share?

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Care to share?
Red dot optics are a better choice for low light home defensive weapons. I also prefer night sights on my pistols. We also use low ambient or low-level lighting in our home, so it's never completely dark. I can wake from being sound asleep and still see to some degree that I can see an intruder or target within the house.

I'm not totally against having or using a laser on a weapon, as long as it's external. I'd also if anyone is using any device on weapon that is battery powered, that setting up a dedicated schedule for replacing batteries should be part of a normal maintenance procedure. Mr. Murphy sort of thing, about things failing at a critical time when it's most needed.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
As usual Doug, you presume to make assumptions about people and don't have the first clue about them.
you are only partially correct. I saw LaserMax in the OP. What I failed to see was the "... internal guide rod..." my comments were relative to external, rail mounted laser. That aside I would question why, exactly, you are so thin skinned. I did not attack you. I did not demean you. I even said your opinion "may" change. Might be chill pill time.

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
you are only partially correct. I saw LaserMax in the OP. What I failed to see was the "... internal guide rod..." my comments were relative to external, rail mounted laser. That aside I would question why, exactly, you are so thin skinned. I did not attack you. I did not demean you. I even said your opinion "may" change. Might be chill pill time.
No Doug, I'm quite chilled out. You make a lot of assumptions about people and things quite often when you have no personal connection, or personal knowledge of certain things. And pointing out your assumptions about people you don't know personally, isn't thin-skinned in my book. I could probably go back, read some of your previous posts on things, make some assumptions about you, that might or might no be true. Correct?

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics