• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    lets say you are going up to walmart, and its pouring cats and dogs outside, you get there and its packed, so you have to walk from your car in the back of the parking lot into the store, you shirt gets wet and it prints, what do you do? oh BTW i left the umbrella at the house.

i know....buy a dry shirt...LOL....what about Home Depot?
    Target Sports

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    If printing bothers you, leave it in the car. I knew I was going into Home Depot to buy lumber etc and I would be raising my arms above my head and moving around lumber etc so I did not want to flash anybody. I just left it in the truck.

If you insist on carrying it, if you have IWB, try to push it further in your waistband if it can be safely done. If OWB, throw something over you even if it is the Summer like a hoodie or second shirt.
    BTW, titles like "wet shirt" are totally attention grabbing for obvious perverted reasons. I was expecting photos!!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    lol
    i was thinking about printed t-shirts getting wet, and how there could possibly be a law against that.

i dunno though, stranger laws exist. IIRC taakes more than 3 consecutive sips of beer whilst standing in public is a crime according to TX state law....

TXinvestigater? never around when you need him...
    ;)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hey i just had an idea.

a tgt wet t-shirt CC contest. only in this one, the one with the least printing wins ;)

(as opposed to the other way around in the standard variety)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Accidentally display is not an offense under Texas Penal Code, but failing to correct accidental display once realized would be. Here's the excerpt...

TEXAS PENAL CODE,
    TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY,
    CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES:

Sec. 42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm

(emphasis mine)
    Same would apply if you reached up for an item on a shelve at a store and accidentally displayed your firearm...

Cheers! M2

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Accidentally display is not an offense under Texas Penal Code, but failing to correct accidental display once realized would be. Here's the excerpt...

Same would apply if you reached up for an item on a shelve at a store and accidentally displayed your firearm...

Cheers! M2

The "Calculated to alarm" would have to be proven. How do they establish that you had realized it was showing?

However, it would be pretty dumb to carry our handgun knowing it was clear to people what it is. I would not risk an arrest

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Agreed, anyone who conceal carries should make a constant effort to ensure that their weapon is concealed at all times; but many have this fear that accidental display will lead to an arrest. I've also heard the possibility of "accidental display" as being a justification for allowing open carry. It is simply not the case in either situation.

As you said, it would have to be proven that the individual was intentionally trying to "cause alarm"...

Top Bottom