Hurley's Gold

Lawyers closed on Saturday. Need advice!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Actually they were running on the patio as stated. In this place, it's a normal thing. On weekends there are usually at least ten or more kids playing in this area. The ladies were watching and things like this can happen fast without time to react, or catch the incident on time to prevent it. I've asked for advice, not stupid comments blowing this up into something it's not. You always seem to do that and it's usually easy to ignore your ridiculous comments but as an OP, if you're gonna act up just stay the hell out of my thread. Thanks.

Excuse me for posting on your thread where you asked for advice. I am not sure how that is blowing it up but apparently you cannot handle the fact that CPS may be called. No where in my post did I say that was the case, but a reality as ER's call CPS all the time for incidents like this. I was ready to help you with the issue if it came up as I know their system very well. I read your child was on the patio and last I checked most restaurant patios are still inside the domain of the restaurant. I also stated I do not see the law suit, but if you want to go file one, go ahead. BTW, you can simply choose to ignore me vs a personal attack, but hey this is the net and it is easy to be tough sitting behind a keyboard. I added you to my ignore list please do the same.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Excuse me for posting on your thread where you asked for advice. I am not sure how that is blowing it up but apparently you cannot handle the fact that CPS may be called. No where in my post did I say that was the case, but a reality as ER's call CPS all the time for incidents like this. I was ready to help you with the issue if it came up as I know their system very well. I read your child was on the patio and last I checked most restaurant patios are still inside the domain of the restaurant. I also stated I do not see the law suit, but if you want to go file one, go ahead. BTW, you can simply choose to ignore me vs a personal attack, but hey this is the net and it is easy to be tough sitting behind a keyboard.

Every one and the tough behind a keyboard crap... The way I understood your text was that's what SHOULD be done and it was the surrounding text that led me to that conclusion, seeing as though you stated things that were already covered. For instance, I'm not pursuing a lawsuit. That's been stated as well. As for a personal attack, it is not hard to see that you make comments that can be taken in a way you may have not intended. Wasn't a personal attack. Simply stated how I feel about your attitude in some instances, and asked that you not bring it here. If I did indeed get it all wrong I apologize. I'm sure there will be no CPS visit as this was clearly not a case of neglect or carelessness on the parents behalf. Thank you for the outreach.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    At least get a free queso for your next visit!

Mmmmm. No such luck. They did take the chair an refused to have us look at it but then again, there were many many more broken ones that WILL injure someone if they get close enough. I'm in the parking lot on tapatalk right now. Haha. Manager told us he gave their insurance our number and they said they'd contact us and cover the bill. He sounded as if this happens often. No offer for lunch though. Haha.

Thank you Jeremy for the well wish and everyone for your advise. Helped me balance the situation. Never don't this before.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Might give them a call, be civil and polite. Don't mention lawsuits or anything like that and see how what they are willing I do.

If your not happy with what they have to say then don't give them anymore money.

Always civil, or try to be. I hate when someone gets yelled at when they probably had nothing to do with the situation. It was a nice chat and a quick one. Hopefully all will go well with the insurance and they'll put better chairs in place.

swcc22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    fannin county
    Re: Lawyers closed on Saturday. Need advice

Jc thank you for asking sir I'm doing good.
    Now I didn't sue the company that manufactured the equipment I was using.
    My employer called them informed them of what happened and they offered me a settlement which I referred them to my lawyer. In your situation,I would chock it up to kids being kids but with the broken chair I would at least ask them to pay the medical expenses. Just my opinion.
    The only easy day was yesterday.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Jc thank you for asking sir I'm doing good.
    Now I didn't sue the company that manufactured the equipment I was using.
    My employer called them informed them of what happened and they offered me a settlement which I referred them to my lawyer. In your situation,I would chock it up to kids being kids but with the broken chair I would at least ask them to pay the medical expenses. Just my opinion.
    The only easy day was yesterday.

Good to hear! It's "chock"? Haha I wrote "chop". Yea, that would make me happy, that they'd pay for medical. Money doesn't make me happy so it's never my first thought, therefore I was more concerned about a way to influence change in they're keeping of sharp broken chairs. After informing family members, you know how overly supportive they can be, I heard lots of tock of SUE EM! I thought for a while and couldn't justify it and that's why I asked you folks, who would be neutral. Keep up the positive attitude and get well.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Had she turned her head a quarter of the way in the opposite direction and that would have hit her face or worse her eye. It sucks that it happened, but I say you are lucky it wasn't worse. As far as everything else everyone else has given plenty of advice, at this point her well being is what matters.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Had she turned her head a quarter of the way in the opposite direction and that would have hit her face or worse her eye. It sucks that it happened, but I say you are lucky it wasn't worse. As far as everything else everyone else has given plenty of advice, at this point her well being is what matters.

That's exactly why I told my wife. Thank you. Shell be fine.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    [h=2]Lawyers closed on Saturday. Need advice![/h]

They're "open" on Saturday, you just have to pay - tightwad :p

There's a cream/ointment (or was 15yrs ago) that will keep a scar from forming. Worked great on my daughter back then and her injury was over the eye. Physically your daughter should be fine.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    [h=2]Lawyers closed on Saturday. Need advice![/h]

They're "open" on Saturday, you just have to pay - tightwad :p

There's a cream/ointment (or was 15yrs ago) that will keep a scar from forming. Worked great on my daughter back then and her injury was over the eye. Physically your daughter should be fine.

Haha. I didn't know I swear. I don't have the money for it anyway. She's back to her old self.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom