• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I need some leather work done for my old winchester rifle. I know shorts works with leather but I haven't seen her on the boards for awhile. Anyone around here do any leather work?
    DK Firearms

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I think I can help you out.
    If you are looking for a simple leather band that laces at the bottom of the stock and holds cartridges in loops along the side that's pretty easy. I need the diameters of the front and back of the band and the length of the band. A pic of the side of the butt stock would also be handy. I would charge $30.00 and it would be ready in a week. All leather is top grade and all stitching is hand saddle stitch. I can throw on an initial or three at no charge.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I think I can help you out.
    If you are looking for a simple leather band that laces at the bottom of the stock and holds cartridges in loops along the side that's pretty easy. I need the diameters of the front and back of the band and the length of the band. A pic of the side of the butt stock would also be handy. I would charge $30.00 and it would be ready in a week. All leather is top grade and all stitching is hand saddle stitch. I can throw on an initial or three at no charge.

Hey Mike,

I'm curious. What other sort of leather work do you do? Do you make holsters as well?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I do a lot of odd one off things for friends and family. Custom holsters, knife shieths. Ammo pouches and game and possibles bags. Also leather dog leashes and collars. For instance a MOLLE holster for a suppressed Glock 19 with Streamlight. Ammo pouches to hold 10 3 1/2" mag shells for deer and turkey hunting. leather "sporen" with holster for SCA patron wo wants a CCW. I have a few guns on Hand but most of the time need to borrow a gun to make up a holster which kind of breaks the deal for most strangers. Custom knife shieths are the same way. If you have a one of a kind knife I may need to measure it so I can exactly fit it although sometimes I can work from a tracing.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Sounds good mike as soon as i get home (may be a day or 2 out of town) I will get you the measurement's and pm them to you and work out the payment situation. I read your last post and if it helps you should try getting some red guns to make holsters they are pretty spot on dimension wise and can be found for pretty cheap.

Top Bottom