• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Seeing as how Leatherman supports (anti-gun) leftists, the company gets non of my money.

Eli
    Who do they support? I am asking as a serious question, not being negative.

I just have a hard time grasping that. Most outdoor companies would stick together I would think, plus they make a knife designed for use with a gun.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    The president of the company said he supported the Kerry ticket for president. If you do not do business with anyone who supports Kerry, gore, or Obama you must not do business with a lot of people

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Both Leatherman and Gerber are based in one of the most Liberal, communist, cities in the country. It is hardly a surprise that the owner of Leatherman is a Liberal.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I just took the pocket clip of mine. It really slims down the profile. There are two screens but you need a torx #8.

I used the punch tool on my nova last night and it was a lot easier.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Gee, I guess I need to get rid of all my AKs, SKS and Mosin rifles, as well as all the other weaponry I have from Communist countries!

And I really wonder where these people who boycott such companies buy the gas for their cars? I am also surprised that they are able to find all-American/non-Liberal clothing! Must take some effort to be so adamant against something so trivial...

I guess some can't respect the beliefs of others if they are contrary to their own!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Gee, I guess I need to get rid of all my AKs, SKS and Mosin rifles, as well as all the other weaponry I have from Communist countries!

And I really wonder where these people who boycott such companies buy the gas for their cars? I am also surprised that they are able to find all-American/non-Liberal clothing! Must take some effort to be so adamant against something so trivial...

I guess some can't respect the beliefs of others if they are contrary to their own!

Now thats funny. Only commie guns I have are SKS's. Never thought of it that way though. All I ever figured is the gun will do whatever I want it to do.
    Libtard business, thats funny stuff when I think about it. Actually I like screwing with libtards. I do want that new multi-tool and I will have one maybe even two if I like em. Hell, I might even send Mr. Letherman a letter thanking him for adding to my Conservitive collection of weapons.
    Im sure liberals make toilet papper too. I seem to think about them everytime I need some.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I find it quite funny to hear people going off about "not buying from a company that has a liberal at the helm"... If that was truly the case, you'd probably have to get rid of half of the products in your home - plus about 75% of the food - oh, and your car.

Sheeeeesh.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    It would be virtually impossible to live life strictly dealing with people that agree with you.
    I mean, seriously, we can't even all agree in here most of the time

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I find it quite funny to hear people going off about "not buying from a company that has a liberal at the helm"... If that was truly the case, you'd probably have to get rid of half of the products in your home - plus about 75% of the food - oh, and your car.

Sheeeeesh.
    Well I d obuy the things I want no matter what, but I also have been know to stop doing business with places based on state politics.
    Such as some of the out of state vendors I use to use, and those states starting to charge out of state sales tax.
    I use to trade with Oklahoma businesses a LOT. Stoped doing that because of their liberal politics. Same thing for some Texas business as well.
    I find a lot of benefit in trading with people who actually agree with my Concervitive values. It's really not hard at all to do that either. Even saves me some money.
    People have to stand by what they believe in. I find it pretty easy.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston

Sheeeeesh.
    Lol, so true. Thanks for putting it in perspective.
    As for the tool... I think it's ugly, heavy and I would rather have pliers, bottle opener, a knife, 1/4 drive and storage for 2 or three standard bits. Throw in a box cutter and it's gold.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Geeze, the whole issue of Leatherman's political stand dates back years. I'm not on that train and I'm not going there.

I made two motorcycle trips all over the western US. On the first trip, I wrote to the Leatherman company, told them about my trip and they replied that they don't allow tours of the Portland facility but they would make an exception for me. Tim's personal assistant (pretty lady!) showed me around the office part then when we got to the Engineering dept, the chief engineer took me around the manufacturing plant. He showed me how the Wave tool was designed on AutoCad 14 and we looked at every step of the standard tool production (The Wave was not made in that facility).

Tim has two offices. One is a fancy paneled hotshot office but he only meets folks there. His real office is a place built over the production shop with large windows open to the shop. That's where he really hangs out! There are lots of tools in there and it reminded me of my own workshop! I saw some Vise grip type tools there and they said it was a "secret project". Those became the "Crunch" tool.

Tim Leatherman is a guy just like me, just like you. There isn't a bit of "Rich jerk" about him. He employs Americans in an American designed and produced business. The tools are high quality and he will continue to have my complete support even if....God Forbid.....he supports another dick wad for political office.

I will buy a "MUT" tool (if I can scrape up the cash) when they are available.

Flash

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    It would be virtually impossible to live life strictly dealing with people that agree with you.
    I mean, seriously, we can't even all agree in here most of the time
    Amen twice.

I carry a Leatherman micra in my pocket everywhere I go. It comes in handy about a dozen times a week.

I doubt seriously we could even find out what the political leanings are of most of the companies we deal with. Most companies are smart enough to keep their political beliefs out of their business.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Sheeeeesh.

Not to mention the entertainment industry, as it is packed full of liberals...

As for Leatherman, they make some damn good products that I have used for years in the service. They did their job and their products worked as advertised, that's all I ask out of them. Much like entertainers, I don't give a bucket of warm spit on their political views; I just want them to entertain me. That's why I am such a big Who fan, they destroyed hotels and drove Rolls Royces into swimming pools. Now that's how a rock star should act, not like that assclown Bono who pleaded with us to "feed the poor" (done in a heavy Irish accent) while fleecing us $75 a ticket to sit in the upper regions of RFK stadium. I've hated that jackass ever since, he made more than night than I did in a decade but felt the need to impose his political BS on the audience. Not what I was there for...

Top Bottom