• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Got pulled over and fined for being a queer in a 2wd truck with off road tires. Pled no contest.
    But does it have 22's? I mean if you really want to gay something up just throw wheels at it as well! I can't wait to wear down those tires and ditch the wheels. I'll tie dye them before I let them go. Of course it's also a shit box chevy, so it's seen more time with the hood open than on the road since I've had it. Those tires will likely dry rot before they wear out.
    20220310_113533.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    But does it have 22's? I mean if you really want to gay something up just throw wheels at it as well! I can't wait to wear down those tires and ditch the wheels. I'll tie dye them before I let them go. Of course it's also a shit box chevy, so it's seen more time with the hood open than on the road since I've had it. Those tires will likely dry rot before they wear out. View attachment 313673
    Funny story. A couple of months back, my stepson and I were in Dallas looking over some cars for a replacement for my wife's wrecked car that was totaled. We pulled into a convenience store for gas, and on the other side of the pumps was a jacked up fairly new Ford with big tires and rims. I told him that the driver had penis envy. The owner came out, a short guy in his early 30's, and practically needed a step ladder to climb into his truck. Stepson busted out laughing. And everytime he saw a jacked up truck with big tires, he'd start laughing his ass off!

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I never had one on my 05 Corvette or 17 GT350 (still own). In each case I bought a mount that suspends the plate from a frame inside the grille area, but leave the plate and holder in the trunk. I figure I can always put it on if an officer insists.

I’ve had a half dozen warnings but not tickets. One DPS trooper was pretty funny - he handed me the warning and then said “do I have any realistic expectation that you will put that plate on.” I told him I promised. I went home, put it on, then took it back off again.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    But does it have 22's? I mean if you really want to gay something up just throw wheels at it as well! I can't wait to wear down those tires and ditch the wheels. I'll tie dye them before I let them go. Of course it's also a shit box chevy, so it's seen more time with the hood open than on the road since I've had it. Those tires will likely dry rot before they wear out. View attachment 313673
    Low wall tires are so gay.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Funny story. A couple of months back, my stepson and I were in Dallas looking over some cars for a replacement for my wife's wrecked car that was totaled. We pulled into a convenience store for gas, and on the other side of the pumps was a jacked up fairly new Ford with big tires and rims. I told him that the driver had penis envy. The owner came out, a short guy in his early 30's, and practically needed a step ladder to climb into his truck. Stepson busted out laughing. And everytime he saw a jacked up truck with big tires, he'd start laughing his ass off!

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Windshield display doesn’t meet requirements. It must be “permanently affixed” to the vehicle.
    Had this same discussion with a deputy who pulled me over for 22 in a school zone and then acted awfully disappointed he couldn't haul me out of the car for a public disarming when I showed my CHL and then replied I wasn't currently carrying. When he mentioned the front plate for the 2nd time and said windshield didn't count, I handed the plate out the window and said, "You seem unnaturally invested in this. Here, find a coat hanger and wire it up."

Driver safety class for the 2 mph over and a ticket for the plate. Lucky I wasn't on the phone...

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Had this same discussion with a deputy who pulled me over for 22 in a school zone and then acted awfully disappointed he couldn't haul me out of the car for a public disarming when I showed my CHL and then replied I wasn't currently carrying. When he mentioned the front plate for the 2nd time and said windshield didn't count, I handed the plate out the window and said, "You seem unnaturally invested in this. Here, find a coat hanger and wire it up."

Driver safety class for the 2 mph over and a ticket for the plate. Lucky I wasn't on the phone...
    2mph seems petty considering it’s not an outrageous amount and any vehicle could be plus or minus 1 mph accurate.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    2mph seems petty considering it’s not an outrageous amount and any vehicle could be plus or minus 1 mph accurate.
    If he treated his wife with the attitude he shone on me he was probably going on forever without a copulative docking maneuver. Dude was so uptight he had pubes erupting from his ears. Me being friendly up front just seemed to enrage him.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If he treated his wife with the attitude he shone on me he was probably going on forever without a copulative docking maneuver. Dude was so uptight he had pubes erupting from his ears. Me being friendly up front just seemed to enrage him.
    Maybe he was doing without the copulative docking is why he was so uptight! I have to agree with @Sam7sf , 2 mph seems rather petty. Most won't even bother with you until 5 to 10 over the limit.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Maybe he was doing without the copulative docking is why he was so uptight! I have to agree with @Sam7sf , 2 mph seems rather petty. Most won't even bother with you until 5 to 10 over the limit.
    I've known several cops with no sense of humor. They'll get very defensive and petty if they feel slighted. You have to get a sense of who you're talking to before being facetious.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I've known several cops with no sense of humor. They'll get very defensive and petty if they feel slighted. You have to get a sense of who you're talking to before being facetious.
    Yep. I have met a few in the past with no sense of humor. Most of those were pretty new on the job.

Had one once that tried to lecture me about speeding. I told him he could either lecture me about my infraction, or write me a ticket, but he wasn't going to do both! Yep, he wrote me a ticket, which I signed off on and drove away!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    That’s fine if no one wants to be playful or joke. Still, it’s petty. It naturally makes people equally respond negatively. People like that need to use common sense.

If you’re a dick and the situation doesn’t call for it, don’t act shocked when you get offended. And this is coming from a guy who does have a chip on his shoulder lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    That’s fine if no one wants to be playful or joke. Still, it’s petty. It naturally makes people equally respond negatively. People like that need to use common sense.

If you’re a dick and the situation doesn’t call for it, don’t act shocked when you get offended. And this is coming from a guy who does have a chip on his shoulder lol
    Totally agree.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Display it from the windshield.

When we make ready new Corvettes and Camaros we do not put the bracket on. We only put them on after delivery and if the customer requests. Some people get ticketed frequently and some get none.

Still not legal, and again can get you pulled over.

Rule 217.27 of Title 43 Texas Administrative Code provides passenger vehicles must display two license plates, one at the exterior front and one at the exterior rear of the vehicle that are securely fastened at the exterior front and rear of the vehicle in a horizontal position of not less than 12 inches from the ground.

And yes, most LEOs are well aware of the above.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I had an idea a few years back…to print plates on vinyl, so guys could put them on their bumpers without drilling holes.

I never could figure out the legalities of reproducing (and not falsifying) a plate that you own. And abuse could be hard to deter.

But then I saw something shiny and it never went anywhere…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is a Porsche that regularly attends the San Antonio Cars & Coffee events which has one, and the owner has never been pulled over for it. I have a picture of it somewhere. Unless you get close, it's hard to tell it's not a metal tag!

And it's legal as far as I have found.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Plus any item in the windshield (including handicapped placards) are considered visual obstructions and is yet another probable cause to pull someone over...

I was wrong on my original quote anyways. Should have said securely fastened instead of permanently affixed.

Not sure where I got that wording. Oh well.

Top Bottom