• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    That's very odd. I've had issues with rifle cases when the chamber was too big (factory defect) and they wouldn't resize, but pistol cases would have to be way off for that to happen. Is it possible you have a Berdan primed 9 mm and so the decapper won't go?

Last edited:

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    arizona
    As always, inspect case, call Lee.
    Lee sizing dies don't have much chamfer to allow oversize cases to enter. If your chamber (or the chamber the case was last fired in) is oversized, set that case aside and continue on.
    If you look in case do you see a single flash in center of the case head? If not, it is Betdan primed and you throw the case away.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    From your previous posts you’ve reloaded 9mm before it looks like? What press are you using? Assuming it’s not a new die, maybe something is out of alignment.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Remove the depriming pin and try again. Just on one or two cases.
    Are the cases you’re using have crimped in primers?

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    If the brass won't enter the die it is not the depriming pin. Bad die and Lee will fix, brass oversized (9 mm Makorov? I believe is larger). Most likely bad die.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    If the brass won't enter the die it is not the depriming pin. Bad die and Lee will fix, brass oversized (9 mm Makorov? I believe is larger). Most likely bad die.

That's something everybody who loads 9mm needs to watch for. I reload for the 9mm Makarov and since Makarov brass is scarce and expensive, I often just make brass from the plentiful 9mm Luger cases. I try to get them all, but as with all autoloaders, a few always go missing. They're out there somewhere....maybe in your brass! and they have 9mm Luger headstamps. They would probably go into a 9mm Luger sizing die though since dies these days are all radiused at the mouth. I've never tried.

Top Bottom