• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I was trying to make some 45 acp today and the lee safety prime dispenser is jamming on the wolf large pistol primers I bought! It will feed to a certain point then the primer just sticks in the front. Has anyone else had this problem?? Now I have to order and wait for a shell holder for the auto primer I have:(
    Guns International

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Never used wolf primers however if your talking of the prime system for the lee classic turret check the small screws on primer dispenser I've found these will work loose causing a jam also over time they (primer system )get dirty and need cleaned.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    well I tried to run a file on that plastic primer feeder and it works but, I really have to push hard on the front. Im waiting for that shell holder to come in. The primers dont look any different than a cci or winchester primer. They arent cupped either.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Lee seriously suggests that you you only use CCI primers in their priming tool. I have had other reloaders tell me that there is a very good reason for this, that they have had other brand primers explode in their. If you are going to use something other than CCI , get another hand primer.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I would return it to lee I've used mine with different brands (except wolf)and no problems, the learning curve on the classic turret press primer takes some time once learned it is a fast low cost setup.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Would it be a good idea to buy the rcbs bench priming tool?

The problem is with the large priming. The small priming disk I can use any brand and it wont jam etc.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I have a Rcb bench priming tool it is very good but not without if faults, the small primers will "jump" out sometimes if handle pressure is off slightly, again i would send the large lee primer back and try a replacement.

Another option is the lee hand primer they work but become more
    of a pain as you age.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Is it hang up in the trough that the primers feed down?
    Or is it hanging up where the trough ends and the primer sits to be inserted?
    I hope that make sense???

Top Bottom