• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • isaacrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    El Paso
    I have an Ed Brown on order, and should be receiving it one day . I was really thinking of picking up a Les Baer Custom Carry and have never shot one. Does anyone here have one or would recommend it? How about a Wilson as well. I carry a Kimber Stainless II TLE and that thing pulls my pants down despite a high quality belt.

Thanks for the help
    Texas SOT

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I have an Ed Brown on order, and should be receiving it one day . I was really thinking of picking up a Les Baer Custom Carry and have never shot one. Does anyone here have one or would recommend it? How about a Wilson as well. I carry a Kimber Stainless II TLE and that thing pulls my pants down despite a high quality belt.

Thanks for the help

Which Ed Brown do you have coming? (pic if possible for us visual people!)

isaacrn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    El Paso
    I have a feeling the executive elite is going to be just as heavy as the Kimber. I would was thinking of going smaller. Gunshops in El Paso arent the friendliest in my opinion. I would very much like to try out a baer though.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    All three are great, but think you grabbed the best one to start. Ed Brown makes some excellent pistols!!!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I own a a full size Ed Brown Classic Custom and a Wilson Sentinel SS - both in 45. The Wilson is lighter because it's a compact. Both are outstanding guns - and with all due respect to Kimber (of which I own....."several") and STI (which I've shot, and intend to pick up a few of) - neither of them will hold a candle to either of the previous - nor would I expect 'em to. Huge difference in costs allows 'em to do a bit more fine-tuning to 'em.
    Les Baer....like the way they feel, and will ultimately end up with a couple, ah'm sure.

j6collins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    el paso
    ok i am from MA. there is a company called remsport they do a lot of custom ar's. They also do 1911's, I came to find out that they make Ed Browns firearms to. My father bought one that is stamped Remsport but it is the exactly the same as the Ed Brown for half the price. I think they do some of the wilson combat 1911's to. Just something to keep in mind.

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    I am impressed with the Les Baer, seems to be a fine weapon, don't know much about Wilson Combat...
    STI is my choice for one of the best handguns, and they are made here in The Great State of Texas.

Top Bottom