• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    "You get comfortable with your enemy, then you are dead. Let me repeat that. You get comfortable with your enemy, then you are dead.

Not carrying a firearm to defend yourself and defend your family in a time of uncertainty, in a time of specific threat like like we’re living in, is the ultimate expression that you are comfortable with your enemy. You are so comfortable with your enemy you don’t feel a need to have some type of defense should your enemy decide that today is the day and you’re it."
    Guns International

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    "You get comfortable with your enemy, then you are dead. Let me repeat that. You get comfortable with your enemy, then you are dead.

Not carrying a firearm to defend yourself and defend your family in a time of uncertainty, in a time of specific threat like like we’re living in, is the ultimate expression that you are comfortable with your enemy. You are so comfortable with your enemy you don’t feel a need to have some type of defense should your enemy decide that today is the day and you’re it."
    Do you have a source for this great quote Doug? It is valid moreso today than at many times.

Complacency kills.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

<>

My point was/is this: Some 30 or 35 years back most Israeli Citizens were well-armed at all times.

Recall all the photos of cafes & parties when they all had Uzi’s in slings all day ? Tavors sitting around their homes ?

Well, someone made a decision to disarm them, despite their being surrounded by bloodthirsty savages intent on murdering them.

WHO, WHY, and What the Hell ?

Insanity !

That ‘’someone’’ needs to be identified and pilloried for doing that!

leVieux

<>

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    <>

My point was/is this: Some 30 or 35 years back most Israeli Citizens were well-armed at all times.

Recall all the photos of cafes & parties when they all had Uzi’s in slings all day ? Tavors sitting around their homes ?

Well, someone made a decision to disarm them, despite their being surrounded by bloodthirsty savages intent on murdering them.

WHO, WHY, and What the Hell ?

Insanity !

That ‘’someone’’ needs to be identified and pilloried for doing that!

leVieux

<>
    I have noticed they are carrying an awful lot of M-4 & M-16 from Uncle Sugar.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Here is a YouTube podcast from Active Self Protection channel discussing the past and revised Israeli gun laws.

And for more on this topic from the AmmoLand blog;

The horrific terrorist attack on unarmed Israelis near the border of Gaza shows how useful and effective militias can be against lightly armed and armored raiding forces.

The primary advantage of a militia is it is always there. It is reasonably ready to respond quickly. A militia can slow down an attack and defend against a threat until a larger force can relieve it. Police are not equipped or manned to deal with organized raids. There is roughly one police officer per several hundred citizens.

Last edited:

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

Reminds me too of Aesop's fable "The Farmer and the Viper".

Top Bottom