• ...and so much more!
  • SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    That was always a favorite saying back in the 1970s amongst my friends. I had grown up with my parents and siblings fishing. Dad taught us how to dig for worms and bait a minnow and using a cane pole with a red and white bobber. At first he would break off a branch from a tree along the shoreline but we graduated to cane. So many memories. As I grew into bass fishing in the 1970s and their fancy rigs and equipment and 3 different bass boats with hotshot engines, I always thought each one was going to get me the biggest bass as I fished all over Texas, east Texas the best. Big wake up call came after I finally caught a 5-pounder in 1971 at Tawakoni (big back then), had it mounted and put under the bed for later mounting on wall. My new German Shepherd pup chewed the tail off of it while I was at work. All that time and $$ with new fancy electronics finding fish and maps of lakes came down to a puppy saying hang it up.

Imagine catching this beast at Tawakoni on a rod and reel.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• big fish 1.png
      big fish 1.png
      728.6 KB · Views: 42

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Lake Limestone is once again so low that so many with waterfront property needs to mow on the water sides of there bulkheads.

My neighbor bought a nice boat when he moved in. He was never had it in the water. It's parked in my garage out of the sun. Guy across the streets boat was used so little the year before he had engine problems this year. His boat is currently hanging from the lift without water under it.

Those that do fish tend to jug fish for it simplicity & results.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Bawwww, I thought you guys were going to start a fishing group. I haven't been fishing in probably 20 years.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    That was always a favorite saying back in the 1970s amongst my friends. I had grown up with my parents and siblings fishing. Dad taught us how to dig for worms and bait a minnow and using a cane pole with a red and white bobber. At first he would break off a branch from a tree along the shoreline but we graduated to cane. So many memories. As I grew into bass fishing in the 1970s and their fancy rigs and equipment and 3 different bass boats with hotshot engines, I always thought each one was going to get me the biggest bass as I fished all over Texas, east Texas the best. Big wake up call came after I finally caught a 5-pounder in 1971 at Tawakoni (big back then), had it mounted and put under the bed for later mounting on wall. My new German Shepherd pup chewed the tail off of it while I was at work. All that time and $$ with new fancy electronics finding fish and maps of lakes came down to a puppy saying hang it up.

Imagine catching this beast at Tawakoni on a rod and reel.
    I did the serious bass fishing thing in the 80s. Bought a Skeeter FX175 with a 175 Black Max.
    We land clocked it at the 2 mile bridge on Tawakoni. Jamie King of Kings Marina behind the wheel, me on the bridge. Water like glass, no gear, no water in the tanks, 1/8 tank of gas, 86mph.

Some time later I took my Dad out in it. I floored it ( yes it had a Hot Foot throttle) for about 10 seconds. Dad said " so this is a bass boat", yep, "They must be damn fast fish" .

Top Bottom