• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For those that are lucky enough to have a personal range lets see it. What better way to spread ideas for backstops, target setups, Etc.
    Will get mine posted tomorrow. Gotta finish up some maintenance after the last outing.
    Military Camp

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Figured I might as well, I had 3 shovel heads that were working well for rimfire at 50-100yrds but we got carried away with the 9mm and .40 (and maybe the ar alittle but the sparks looked so cool when the sun was goin down)

01162012463.jpg

plates are 3/8 mild steel cause I had some layin around, center is a pallet with an old rubber trailer mat screwed on to make it last and easier to attach paper targets, left is for silluette targets but I will have to add a solid backer, it didn't do well in the wind today.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't really have any pics, but my backstop is the dam on my tank. Tank hasn't had more than 1ft of water in it since before I bought the place, and was bone dry all summer

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    The bench (really its just a table) is about 25 yards.We like to practice IDPA so we dont shoot from the table much.Im giong to double the size of the birm (height and width) then Ill be able to run my AR.Thanks

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The bench (really its just a table) is about 25 yards.We like to practice IDPA so we dont shoot from the table much.Im giong to double the size of the birm (height and width) then Ill be able to run my AR.Thanks

I've expanded mine twice and waiting to get ahold of the bobcat again to double the size once more. Always need alittle more room.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    I see a couple of use our tank, this is my tank which occasionally holds water. I shoot both ways, into the tank but prefer the draw. The end of the draw is about 5ft so I do shoot low, but have now dug some feed bags fulll of sand and built it up some. Makes a good 25 yard pistol or 125 rifle. DSC00238.jpg

SgtBrummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Spring, Texas
    This is the range on my grandparents land. Working pits, 2 targets, 100, 200, 300, and 400 yard firing lines.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326937722.212858.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326937722.212858.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 145

toddbeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Coppell
    People envy a lot of different things. Right now I'm suffering a severe case of personal range envy. Y'all have some nice backyards.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I wouldn't call it my range but a friend has been kind enough to let me setup a few targets at his place. Here it is as viewed from the back of a tank facing down the range. We regularly annhilate targets here with a variety of guns. The front row is a medley of stuff set up right at 25 yds. The bright target farther downrange is at 50 and the last one at 110yds(so we could lean it against a tree). There is defintitely room for another 50 to 80 yds of range but for now it suits our needs. I keep a can of white paint out there for the spinner but we typically blast it off faster than I can keep up with it. Unfortunately most the golf balls I shot up are not to be found in the pics. In the photo you can barely see my buddy on a scooter I put out there. That damn thing is more nimble than a 4 wheeler! It also a major conveneince over walking downrange. I forgot to get a good shot of the tree after we hit that can of Tannerite on the upper left corner of the far target board. Maybe I'll get a post-explosion pic of the tree bark the next time I get out there.

Attachments

• granger range1.jpg
      granger range1.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 123
    Top Bottom