• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'll take any free Leupold stuff you guys just gotta throw out and use it to death.

Kill it.

Then run it over.

Then piss on it.

Seriously I wouldn't buy it either but I ain't gonna go scorched earth. Let them destroy themselves, they seem to be doing fine all alone not keeping up with the competition and poor buisness choices.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Why? Unless your buying Razor HD AMG, it’s produced overseas. And for that money, there’s much better options.

Yep. Much better glass out there on their low end stuff. Nikon P223 was much better and clearer than the comparable Vortex offering. I was shocked after hearing how awesome Vortex is. Now in the $1K range, their stuff is nice. But how many of us have more than one of those? I only have one.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Are you sure about this?

From their website.............

Leupold riflescopes are all designed, machined, and assembled in our Beaverton Oregon manufacturing facility. We do not have any other riflescope manufacturing facilities or offices anywhere in the world. So if you come across a Leupold riflescope being shipped into the United States from China, it is a very likely a counterfeit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yep. Much better glass out there on their low end stuff. Nikon P223 was much better and clearer than the comparable Vortex offering. I was shocked after hearing how awesome Vortex is. Now in the $1K range, their stuff is nice. But how many of us have more than one of those? I only have one.
    I couldn't afford the box.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don’t understand. The Burris scopes I own are all US made with Japanese glass. Their customer service has been incredible.
    Sucks to hear about Leupold. What a frucking shame. I have four old school Leupold scopes VX 1,2,3 variety. Great glass. The 4x VX has to be 40 years old
    I doubt their administration and workforce today is comparable to 40 years ago.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    so now I wonder if we're automatically rejecting them because someone on here just claimed/said/rumored that they suck??? kinda like current public opinion. fact checking. it's so easy. so this got me wondering... so now I have to go find out for myself. didn't used to be that way. and I got better things to do prep for the 'global warming event' about to hit TX than research a formerly reputable USA company. maybe the guy was a commie. It's Oregon. so defriend me...

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Nikon Prostaff is the best scope I have. I think they're discontinued now.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    A yes for Nikon made in Japan, if you can afford it. Old folks might remember Tasco Japan was primo.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Nikons prostaff series was pretty nice. I still have a few. I think Burris low end stuff made in the Philippines is way nicer than anything vortex brings out in the same price range.

If I am spending serious money I just go straight to Zeiss or Leica.

I have a Zeiss. Wish I could afford them on everything.

Top Bottom