• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Shot a steel match today instead of making the trek up there.

Anyone go? How was it? crowded? Normal?
    Gun Zone Deals

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Wow. How do you lay a loaded weapon on a table at a gun show without a zip tie on it and not notice something is out of the ordinary? Sure would like to know the dealer name so I could avoid that particular place.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The community should be allowed to kick the guys the shins until everyone is too tired to kick anymore.

I don't understand what the moron was thinking to load a displayed firearm. And the other dummy for pulling the trigger without checking the cylinder.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I think the panic has made it worse. Got a lot of frenzy around gun shows and that is not good. New folks being introduced to them for the first time, dealers having to deal with bigger crowds, etc. I remember one weekend right after Sandy Hook where there was like 3 discharges at shows in one day.

Some still wonder why they post the 30.06 sign and get pissed about it. The shows are trying their best to prevent them. No matter what they seem to do, some dumb ass thinks he is special and/or too lazy to follow common sense rules..

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I wonder how many new vendors there are as well. A lot of guys jump into getting tables to take advantage of the money. Sometimes that gives us people who are very cavalier or ignorant about the seriousness of the safety we place priority with.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    New folks being introduced to them for the first time, dealers having to deal with bigger crowds, etc.

I agree. There are a LOT of people buying guns right now who never even considered it before, and they're not starting with .22's - they're going for AR's, AK's and large-caliber pistols. Lack of experience and lack of knowledge are rampant at the moment. I'm wondering if the loaded .357 was on display from a vendor, or just some guy who had a few too many panic-buys to sell off and rented some table space to do it.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I agree. There are a LOT of people buying guns right now who never even considered it before, and they're not starting with .22's - they're going for AR's, AK's and large-caliber pistols. Lack of experience and lack of knowledge are rampant at the moment. I'm wondering if the loaded .357 was on display from a vendor, or just some guy who had a few too many panic-buys to sell off and rented some table space to do it.

I was thinking about this last night. I thought maybe someone who pulled it out of their pocket or vehicle at the last minute to try and sell it on their buddy's table and left the thing loaded. If that's the case - idiot. I can hear the conversation now, "Oh don't worry, it's unloaded" :rolleyes:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Some still wonder why they post the 30.06 sign and get pissed about it. The shows are trying their best to prevent them. No matter what they seem to do, some dumb ass thinks he is special and/or too lazy to follow common sense rules..

1) 30.06 is unenforceable at a gun show.

2) Over the years, I am aware of about a dozen NDs art gun shows. Not a single one was a CHL or LEO. All were vendor guns. Just like this one.

3) Don't assume the vendor put a loaded gun on a table. It is a possibility some jackass walked up, dropped a round in, and walked away.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Wow. I only go to Market Hall and have never been around when a ND went off.

Even before Newtown, the gun shows are no longer the place for deals they use to be. Sure I have bought and sold stuff but Internet forums seem to be where I find stuff I buy now.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Renegade, the ND I witnessed at a gun show was from a CHL holder who thought he was special and did not have his gun cleared and strapped at the front desk. It was at the Brown convention center in Houston and he pulled out his carry gun to try out a holster he was interested in buying, discharged into the floor. (There used to be a thread on here about it.) One guy standing near by got some fragments, but nobody was seriously hurt.

I think the second incident in this article was probably a CHL holder, and maybe the third also.
    5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows - CNN.com

This is a poor example since I can't find another media outlet reporting it, but is seems to have been a CHL holder.
    Negligent Discharge At Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show... - AR15.Com Archive

This might be the same incident I remember being at.
    TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Update on our Negligent Discharge case...

I understand about it being unenforceable, but I think it lessens the chances of the above happening, as most will abide by it anyway.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    3) Don't assume the vendor put a loaded gun on a table. It is a possibility some jackass walked up, dropped a round in, and walked away.

I would have never imagined such a thing. While I guess it's possible, do we assume the jackass also cut the strap on the pistol so it would fire when some unsuspecting idiot pulled the trigger?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If it's held in a privately owned building, why would it be unenforceable?

Most folks at guns shows are not carrying under CHL authority. They are carrying under Case Law and PC46.15. This is why those without CHLs can carry handguns to/at/from a gun show and not be in violation of 46.02.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX

hmmm.... if I were the paranoid type.... Could this be a strategy of the gun grabber types:

1. Put live rounds in some guns at shows.
    2. Point at the resulting increase of negligent discharges and screech "Gun shows are not safe"
    3. Start getting restrictive gun show laws passed.

nah, it was probably just an accident.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Renegade, the ND I witnessed at a gun show was from a CHL holder who thought he was special and did not have his gun cleared and strapped at the front desk. It was at the Brown convention center in Houston and he pulled out his carry gun to try out a holster he was interested in buying, discharged into the floor. (There used to be a thread on here about it.) One guy standing near by got some fragments, but nobody was seriously hurt.

I think the second incident in this article was probably a CHL holder, and maybe the third also.
    5 injured after firearms go off at Ohio, N.C., Indiana gun shows - CNN.com

This is a poor example since I can't find another media outlet reporting it, but is seems to have been a CHL holder.
    Negligent Discharge At Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show... - AR15.Com Archive

This might be the same incident I remember being at.
    TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - Update on our Negligent Discharge case...

I understand about it being unenforceable, but I think it lessens the chances of the above happening, as most will abide by it anyway.

Not sure why a CHL holder would have to be "special" to lawfully carry his concealed handgun in a place where it is completely legal to do so.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Not sure why a CHL holder would have to be "special" to lawfully carry his concealed handgun in a place where it is completely legal to do so.

He thought he was 'special' by not believing he had to follow the same rules everyone else was required to. Happens all the time.

Plus, I don't think they have to let him in if he refuses to follow their guidelines for safety. It's these dumb-asses that cause everyone problems in this type of thing.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He mistake was not that he was carrying in a gun show, his mistake was removing his CC weapon from it's holster.

If the sign is not legal there are no rules being broken by choosing to CC.

I'm not defending the guy but I'm not going to stop carrying when it's completely legal to do so based on the actions of a few morons.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So when you go to a gun show and the sworn law officer at the front door asks you if you have guns or ammo, you lie to them and walk on in????

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom