• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I was just wondering what lifting supplements people use. I have seen decent results with cheap creatine but im almost out and looking for something better for me.

This is a cool section!
    Capitol Armory ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Re: Lifting Suplements

I have slightly high blood pressure for some reason, I am afraid to take that stuff.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas

Simply use protein powder. Maybe creatine monohydrate once in a while, but I had bad results with that years back when I took it regular.
    I have high bp so I stay away from stuff that speeds up your heart. But i go to the gym 4-5 times a week and Im happy.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    I use and love Muscle Milk protein shakes. One in the morning keeps me full for 3-4 hours, and one post-workout for recovery. I also like a pre-workout nitric oxide drink, right now I'm using NO xplode but will probably switch to the cytosport stuff since they make muscle milk. AnimalPak vitamins are good for amino acids but you might could find them in a regular multi-vitamin.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

I'm not a lifter per se (I do kettlebell workouts, so I don't count that as lifting) but I do like Jack3D in the lemon variety. Good way to feel amped up before a workout on days when you're just feeling kind of blah.

carlw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    leander

In my day I kept it simple. Cooked egg whites are the best protein for your body--period!
    Eat right--most important. Rest well, also very important. Exercise properly. Take in natural sources of vits & minerals.
    Let your body do the rest. You didn't need special supplements while growing up, so you don't need them now.
    You cannot reprogram you body to do something it wasn't meant to do--unless you take things that have massive side-effects.
    Expensive supplements=expensive urine.
    Keep it simple and rock on!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009

In my day I kept it simple. Cooked egg whites are the best protein for your body--period!
    Eat right--most important. Rest well, also very important. Exercise properly. Take in natural sources of vits & minerals.
    Let your body do the rest. You didn't need special supplements while growing up, so you don't need them now.
    You cannot reprogram you body to do something it wasn't meant to do--unless you take things that have massive side-effects.

Good information with an exception. Other than drinking lots of water, I'm of the opinion that every male over 25 should take a multi-vitamin (cheap drug store ones are ok) and creatine. Do some reasearch on creatine, it's good stuff.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

Most weight lifters will tell you to eat the yolk as well. Just as much protein in the yolk as in the white.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009

What about that nitric ox stuff? What does that do?

You can go to your local nutrition store and find somebody that's well informed and happy to answer all your questions in a straightforward way without just trying to sell you something. Stick with the independants, not GNC or Vitamin World. If they ask you about your goals, workout routines, habits in the gym, diet & genetics then you found the right guy or girl.
    If you're in Houston, Nutrition Depot on Richmond is a great place to find the right stuff and information.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco

I am going to get some muscle milk now, im done with creatine.

I will get some high end supplement when I go home for easter. My stepdad knows his stuff he will be able to help me decide.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009

I am going to get some muscle milk now, im done with creatine.

I will get some high end supplement when I go home for easter. My stepdad knows his stuff he will be able to help me decide.

Those are as differant as oil & gas. Dude, you need to see a pro.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

If your just trying to drop some pounds, Fratolic acid and simple vitamins will work great. Use to be some stuff called Frak or Frac that worked great.
    All those protein drinks and other crap wont do that.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco

I weigh about 215. I would like to weigh 190-200 at my size. Im not a small guy, pretty bulky, not fat... yet. I am at a 36" waist and would like to go back to a 34. I take to lifting very well with no supplements.

I wasnt saying creatine and muscle milk are the same, I was saying I would rather drink a protein shake then use creatine. I feel like I drank nasty tequila the night before when im on creatine.

Stepdad says NO Explode or NOX edge before workout and some kind of protein thing a little while afterward always worked for him.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    The nitric oxide in short has vasodilation properties that dilate your blood vessels and allow more oxygen into the muscles. This allows them to exchange oxygen more efficiently and get rid of lactic acid which is the burn you feel when exercising. You can work harder/longer and also the added blood fill muscles give you a "pumped" look after a workout. It usually contains some caffeine so try a little at first and see how your body responds.

If you're trying to drop weight, do more cardio than weights. Otherwise a good mix should give you lean muscle and cardio conditioning. Depending on what you call high blood pressure (over 150 systolic in my book), consult your doctor.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i get most of my stuff from www.purebulk.com

if i find somethign that works for me, or if i hear about somethign that soudns intreresting i go to the above sight get the ingrediants and make it myself for 1/4 the cost.

Top Bottom