Join TexasGunTalk

Listened to the Presidents remarks today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Antares, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Antares

Antares Active Member

Dec 29, 2015
    El Lago, TX
    He was talking about enhanced background checks and there is something I definitely agree with him on. It seems that the Dayton shooter was very violent as a young person but they expunged his record when he was 18. I agree if you are violent as a teen and become 18 and your record is expunged you should not be able to purchase a gun.

One thing I would like to see if they go to enhanced background checks I hope they realize that if you have a CHL or CCW you have already passed a background checks by both the FBI and the police so maybe they will not have to go thru this again. I had a CCW in MO and I have a CHL here and both times they did a background check.

2. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    If someone is "very" violent and has a juvenile record indicating such, that record should NOT be expunged! It could be expunged after a certain period of time after 18 yrs. of age (10 yrs., 20 yrs?) if the person maintains a non-violent record.

3. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Most things kids do are out of stupidity, not a violent nature. There are those that even as kids do not care who they hurt or how bad they hurt them.
    Certain crimes I don't believe should be forgiven. And then only for certain ages. Past 14, if they haven't learned by then, they probably won't learn, or care, that actions have consequences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

satx78247, Charlie and TheMailMan like this.
  4. Bithabus

Bithabus ! TGT Supporter

Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If someone commits violent crimes so heinous that we are considering revoking his civil rights for life then we should simply execute that person. No half citizens.

5. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    What does 'enhanced' define as?

A 40 watt light bulb draped just above yer noggin in an otherwise dark room as you sit roped in an oak chair while the cops beat the snot out you with rubber hoses while shouting questions?

6. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Charlie, would you please quit exhibiting common sense! You are triggering all the liberals.

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  7. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    Define very violent.

A liberal might define it as a simple fist fight or two in middle or high school. Especially if it means preventing someone from getting guns. Any law you make, no matter how sensible you try to make it will be twisted as much as possible to serve their needs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    Mav44,

Ah ha, we agree on something.

Excellent analysis!

9. Kar98

Kar98 TGT Addict

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Plenty of news articles out there where "both" parties of a school fight got suspended even if only one of them was the beater and the other one the beatee... And there is this whole spiteful ex or scorned hooker thing...

In Germany (I know I know) people keep losing such gun licenses as they have for being deemed politically unreliable. Yes, in 2019.

jordanmills likes this.
  10. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If supporting Trump gets you named a Nazi, what wouldn't get you named as violent by (they are beyond liberal) a leftist?