• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PopPop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Leander, Tx
    What is the best way in Texas to list a vehicle for sale? Facebook has so many items that I figured it would lost quickly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The quickest way to move a vehicle is for it to be priced right and on Craigslist with good pictures to support your price.

If the asking price is above $10K, I also use the auto trader online, though that’s been much less efficient for me, considering you’re marketing against dealers who are paying for placement and CarFaxs, etc.,

I also feel most people go to AutoTrader for a quick scan of what a competitive or ‘best’ price is for a specific make/model.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Facebook market place seems to sell stuff faster and get less BS compared to Clist.
    But if you don't have it priced right its going to sit.

Expect lots of crap contacts. Do not hold it make it clear first one handing you the cash wins.

You can also list it to The NEW Hill Country Swap Shop, Buy, Sell & Barter on fb

Same rules as market place on FB

It costs you to list cars on clist now also.

What are you selling :) I am in the market for a motorcycle.

PopPop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2020
    Leander, Tx
    Going to try to sell my 2006 Toyota Tundra. It is in good condition but needs some mechanic work. Check engine light came on and they said it was the emissions canister and two emission valves . The truck has 93,000 miles on it. I am the original owner. I know little of mechanics and I'm not interested in having it repaired as it's a back up vehicle only and used little . Don't have a Pic handy and I'm out of town at present. Found one.
    Screenshot_20200720-163906_Maps.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720-163906_Maps.jpg
      Screenshot_20200720-163906_Maps.jpg
      158.6 KB · Views: 707

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    What ever the maximum number of photos that an site allows, USE THEM ALL! And clean the car before you photograph it, and "see" what's in the background! The better your photos, the better your chances of selling it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Going to try to sell my 2006 Toyota Tundra. It is in good condition but needs some mechanic work. Check engine light came on and they said it was the emissions canister and two emission valves . The truck has 93,000 miles on it. I am the original owner. I know little of mechanics and I'm not interested in having it repaired as it's a back up vehicle only and used little . Don't have a Pic handy and I'm out of town at present. Found one.
    View attachment 220814

my advice would be to also log into tacomaworld.com they have a local to TX forum to sell stuff lots of toyota stuff moves though there.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm interested.
    Been looking for a good used tacoma.
    Tundra would be just a little better.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I sold a pickup this year using every online resource I could, except Craigslist. (I've always heard bad things about trolls on there.) One thing I have to warn you about is that there are many, many scam artists out there. The most common one is where they contact you and say they'll send a truck to pick up the vehicle. They want to pay you more than you asked, and then have you pay the truck and send them the balance. In the end, their check or whatever will bounce and you will be out of a vehicle plus the cash you gave them for the "balance". It's a very common scheme and I've seen it on knifemaker's forums for years. I got at least one scam artist a week trying to pull something.

For really cheap vehicles, you can ask for cash and it shouldn't be a big deal. Once you get over maybe $5000, the buyer may be financing the vehicle and you have to be pretty careful about how the money is transferred.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Craigslist ise to be a pretty good free source to sell a vehicle. But most all I sold was before they started charging to list a vehicle for sale. Plus, you have to separate the wheat from the chaff with sellers from Craigslist. Also, lots and lots of scam artists troll Craigslist.

Another source would be Ebay Motors. If I were looking to sell an vehicle and had to pay to list it for sale, I'd probably use AutoTrader or Ebay, rather than Craigslist.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    For really cheap vehicles, you can ask for cash and it shouldn't be a big deal. Once you get over maybe $5000, the buyer may be financing the vehicle and you have to be pretty careful about how the money is transferred.
    Private sale = cash on the barrelhead only. JMO

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Private sale = cash on the barrelhead only. JMO

I agree. Doesn't matter whether the vehicle is $1000 or less, or $10K and up. Their financing isn't the problem of the private seller. Cash in hand, before vehicle and title leave the property.

I have had the buyer give me a certified check for a vehicle they had financed at the bank. When the check was cashed or cleared and was deposited into my account, I then released the vehicle and the title to the buyer.

Top Bottom