• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Actually, I loaded 101. The first one is sitting on my desk.

.45 ACP - 185 grain hollowpoints over 5.7 grains of Super 1000 powder and Wolf primers. I'll have to see how my Sig likes 'em tomorrow.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hopefully your hands don't get blown up.

I need to clear a spot for my Dillon, but I'm thinking of just building a bench for it and doing it right the first time.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Build a bench for it. Innocent Bystander and I re-decked a work bench he'd made previously. 4x4 legs, 2x6 around the top, 2x4 around the bottom and 3/4" plywood for a top and lower shelf. Bolted the 4x4s to the 2x6 and 2x4s with 5/16" bolts. That bench is rock solid, it doesn't move a bit. My 550 has bolts in the back through the plywood (and through another scrap piece of plywood, and I used fender washers - it's never going to pull through that table top) and lag bolts through the plywood and into the 2x6 in the front holes. Including paint time (two coats of primer then two of deck and floor paint on the shelf and top), it literally took us a week to get this table ready to go. And it has plenty of room to expand. :D

I need to take a better picture of it. My cheap Chinese cell phone's camera sucks, and the pics aren't worth uploading.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like you could mount a M2 to that table, LOL.

That's pretty much what I had in mind also. Something that would take artillery fire and still work.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Sounds like you could mount a M2 to that table, LOL.

That's pretty much what I had in mind also. Something that would take artillery fire and still work.

That was what we were going for. The only downside to the 2x6 is that you'll probably have to notch it so that the handle won't hit it when you're at the top of the press stroke.

I can stand on this thing and it moves not at all.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Wow.. I feel humbled, my first reload experience was with my Swedish Mauser, a Lee smash bang kit that I used on the tailgate of my truck or bench in the backyard. Now I have a couple loaders that are mounted on oak bases that have matching holes so I can mount them onto an old computer bench. Not as pretty or solid as some, but sufficient to have loaded a few thousand 9mm, 9x18 and shotgun shells... However, always looking for other options.... What about posting a few pictures of the benches out there???

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    I mounted mine to my shop bench. 4x4 legs 3/4 hardwood ply 2x4 framed blah.. but because i use that bench for more than reloading. i made it modular. the press and powder charger are attached to another 3/4 ply that then is bolted to the table. i welded fender washers to some locknuts and jb welded them to the bottom of the table top. 3 -1/4 bolts go from top into them.
    i dont know if that made sense but its sturdy as all heck.

BTW sorry to hijack ya thread. congrats on the new hobby. I am also new.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom